    having a problem with is Power2Go from CyberLink.

    Thanks,
    BobV
    Bob Valentine, Apr 17, 2010

  2. Bob Valentine

    Carlos Guest

    Bob,
    Visual C++ 2008 runtime standalone installers:
    x6
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e&DisplayLang=en
    x8
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
    Both can coexist simultaneously.
    Those pages also contain links to VC++ 2005 redistributables also.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 17, 2010

  3. Bob Valentine

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Bob
    I'm Running Power2Go version 5.50.2322 in Windows 7 pro 64 with no problems.
    Did Power2GO work, or is this the first time you tried it?
    Did you install it as "administrator"?
    Did it report any errors when you installed it?

    Kue2, Apr 17, 2010
  4. Bob Valentine

    Bob Guest

    Yes, I installed it as an administrator. I have not been able to resolve the problem. I also have Nero (burning software) and it doesn't have this problem. This is most frustrating. CyberLink is no help, even when you pay for their support. You talk to someone in India who just has you do everything that you have already done. This must be a problem that other are having. I can't believe that I am the only one. Anyone have this problem and then find a resolution

    Thanks
    Bob

    ---
    frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/Visual-C -Runtime-Error
    Bob, May 8, 2010
  5. Bob Valentine

    Bob Guest

    I just downloaded the demo version of Power2Go (version 6) and installed it and it runs without a problem! So I went and bought another copy of the program and installed it and I got the same error (abnormal program termination). So I went back and installed the demo again and it works without giving me the error. Go figure! Luckily, the password I got when I purchased the full version worked to unlock the demo and now it works. It is yet to be seen how long it will work.

    ---
    frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/Visual-C -Runtime-Error
    Bob, May 9, 2010
  6. Bob Valentine

    Kue2 Guest

    Bob just a thought do you have both the 32 bit & the 64 bit of Visual C++
    installed.
    Do you have visual c ++ 2005 & 2008 & all updates applied from microsoft.

    Kue2, May 10, 2010
  7. Bob Valentine

    Bob Guest

    Bob, May 10, 2010
  8. Bob Valentine

    Kue2 Guest

    Click on start- control panel "uninstall a program" look down the list of
    installed programs.
    all entries will be grouped like mine see below:

    Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 ALT Update kb973923 - x64 8.0.50727.4053
    Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 ALT Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
    Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 Redistributable
    Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)
    Microsoft Visual C ++ 2008 ALT Update kb973924 - x86 9.0.30729.4148
    Microsoft Visual C ++ 2008 Redistributable- x86 9.0.30729.17

    Don't know whether this will make a difference or not.

    Kue2, May 11, 2010
  9. Bob Valentine

    InfoProf

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Same problem, same solution

    Just to confirm that I, too, was getting the Visual C++ abnormal termination error, Windows 7 x86, all of my runtime libraries were at the same version as mentioned in another post. Cyberlink was unable to help.

    I took the route of uninstalling the production version of Power2Go, and installing the trial version, then activating it with my production key.

    Success!

    Go figure! I did notice that the trial version install file was larger than the production version.

    Thanks for the solution!

    /Steve, Canada
    InfoProf, Jun 12, 2010