    Another point is, from what I can see in the books and course content it seems I still need lot of work to be done. I was told by microsoft support center If I just pass Visual C++ desktop & distributed exams without giving Analyzing requirements or any of electives , I would get only MCP and just marksheets. Considering the fact that these exams are going to be discontinued from June 30 where will that stand ? In plain terms will it have any value

    Thank you again..
    Neel

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVlbCBSb3k=?=, Apr 20, 2004

  2. >What you told me was of pretty good help. What I was wondering was that whether with Component Services and Visual Studio 6.0 would I be having all the necessary resources to do exercises done in MCSD training kit , which was written in 1999 or do I need Visual C++ / Visual Studio Service pack... ?

    I don't know what the exercises cover in the book, but they 'should'
    be applicable to COM+. However, you may well find differences in how
    the setup of components are described in the book, which I assume
    would use the MTS explorer snap-in, which is somewhat different to the
    Component Services snap-in used in COM+, however the end result is the
    same.

    You do need to remember that COM+ is much more feature rich than MTS,
    you need to ignore those additional features for the purpose of the
    exam(s).

    It is normally best to install service packs. Service pack Six is most
    recent for VC98.

    >Another point is, from what I can see in the books and course content it seems I still need lot of work to be done. I was told by microsoft support center If I just pass Visual C++ desktop & distributed exams without giving Analyzing requirements or any of electives , I would get only MCP and just marksheets. Considering the fact that these exams are going to be discontinued from June 30 where will that stand ? In plain terms will it have any value ?

    You may want to take a look at a post made to this ng by 'Kevin' which
    may help you.

    Anyway, the value or worth for passing these exams depends on what you
    expect to get out of it, only you can answer that.

    As you know, for the last three and a half years or so, microsoft have
    been pushing hard for companies to take up and embrace dot net. While
    the uptake has been quite slow, there is no doubt that dot net is the
    way forward on microsoft platforms. Nevertheless, the demand for C++
    in particular, will remain strong for same time to come.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 20, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TmVlbCBSb3k=?=

    Neel Roy Guest

    Thanks a lot ...

    Neel