Visual C++ MCSD [2]

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Neel Roy, Apr 19, 2004.

  1. Neel Roy

    Neel Roy Guest

    Hi ,

    I had couple of questions regarding Visual C++ MCSD exams.

    1. MTS

    I have xp prof, and I want to install MTS because I am giving MCSD VC++ ,
    this MTS comes with NT Serv Pack 4 , how dangerous it can be ? Another thing
    is I have heard that COM+ comes with MTS by default but I do not see COM+ in
    my computer management , if at all it is there how do I see if and if its
    not then how do I install it ?

    2. Newer technologies

    I think when MCSD training kits where written current ATL pack was 2.0 or
    even 1.0 now since ATL 3.0 has been released how much can be and is asked
    from this and to what level ? Same is the case with COM+ .. As you know
    exams are going to be disconnected from June 30 so I have two months to
    prepare...

    3. Related but not core technologies.

    what about following technologies ?

    DHTML
    Help System
    SQL

    How much importance is given to them...

    I know this is long but I needed to know so I thought I would put this in
    one...

    Thanks in advance,
    Neel

    Neel Roy, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Neel Roy

    UAError Guest

    "Neel Roy" <> wrote:

    >1. MTS
    >
    >I have xp prof, and I want to install MTS because I am giving MCSD VC++ ,
    >this MTS comes with NT Serv Pack 4 , how dangerous it can be ? Another thing
    >is I have heard that COM+ comes with MTS by default but I do not see COM+ in
    >my computer management , if at all it is there how do I see if and if its
    >not then how do I install it ?

    Don't

    Most of MTS / Enterprise Services is already part of XP
    Professional; the only thing that tends to be optional is
    MSMQ support which can be installed throgh the Control
    Panel's,
    Add / Remove Programs
    Add / Remove Windows Components
    Message Queueing

    COM+ is the successor of MTS

    You can monitor the MTS/COM+ components through the COM+ 1.5
    Component Services Plug-in:

    Control Panel
    Administrative Tools
    Component Services (a "sibling" to Computer Management)

    Now drill down throught the Component Services node:

    Computers
    My Compouter
    COM+ Applications

    UAError, Apr 19, 2004