    seems to be different versions?

    --

    Kenny
    Kenny, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Kenny

    Steffi Guest

    As you are going to start, why not latest ... dot net?

    Steffi

    Steffi, Sep 3, 2003

  3. Kenny

    Bunch Guest

    Start with Visual Studio 6 (it includes VB 6). The newest version is the .net
    VB but is not generally viewed as stable. When we create programs for in-house
    or clients we do not use .net but rather 6. We only use .net when we are
    testing something internally only.

    In article <bj3uko$edvni$-berlin.de>,
    says...

    Bunch, Sep 4, 2003
  4. Kenny

    Bob Guest

    "Bunch" <> wrote in message
    > Start with Visual Studio 6 (it includes VB 6). The newest version is the

    ..net
    > VB but is not generally viewed as stable. When we create programs for

    in-house
    > or clients we do not use .net but rather 6. We only use .net when we are
    > testing something internally only.

    I dispute this claim. I don't normally defend Microsoft, but I am using
    ..Net 2003 and it is no more or less buggy than VB 6 ever was.

    Go to .Net. You can get demo and academic versions of it, and I think they
    even sell Visual Basic.NET by itself so you don't have to dole out a million
    dollars to get everything.
    Bob, Sep 5, 2003