    Visual Studio $750.
    Please advise... Thanks! Brian

    , May 18, 2005

  2. Rolie Guest

    Just curious, you said that you have the MS press books. i
    believe there is an accompanying CD Visual Studio.NET 2003
    however, its just a 60-day evaluation copy.

    When i bought my 70-315 ms prep kit it comes with the book.

    Save you $100.

    study for my MCAD
    >exams. Microsoft has a version called "Visual Basic .NET

    2003 Standard"
    >for about $100 (US). Is this appropriate to have as my

    software to
    >practice? I have the four volume MS/MCAD books, but I

    need the software
    >to give me real-world practice. Is the $100 OK. I can't

    afford the

    Rolie, May 19, 2005

  3. Guest

    Thanks All,
    I bought the "Visual Basic .NET 2003 Standard"
    software, however it seems that this doesn't work on my Windows ME
    version at home (advise). I have XP Pro at work fortunately, but would
    like to study some at home too. Is the only solution for my home PC to
    buy the XP Pro? Also if I install it at work and at home am I violating
    the registration and it may be blocked?
    Thanks!
    Brian

    , May 23, 2005
  4. Guest

    Also, If I get a new computer for home would XP home Edition with
    Microsoft Works be sufficient? Or would I need XP Pro with Microsoft
    Office? (kind still like my good old Office '97, but since many
    applications even for learning and MCAD study may require say Access03,
    etc. should I order these also. I'm on a budget.
    Advise, Thanks!
    Brian

    , May 23, 2005