    Anyone got any advice on this?

    TIA

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Oct 3, 2008

  2. On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:44:07 +1300, Patrick FitzGerald <>
    wrote:

    >On loading VBEXpress SP1 2008 with a project the Toolbox is empty and
    >the property pages cannot be loaded.
    >
    >This behaviour is not present in the equivalent programs for C# and
    >C++.
    >
    >A search of the web has not revealed any solution.
    >
    >Anyone got any advice on this?
    >
    >TIA

    Anybody??????

    Please

    TIA

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Oct 9, 2008

  3. Patrick FitzGerald

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:44:07 +1300, Patrick FitzGerald <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On loading VBEXpress SP1 2008 with a project the Toolbox is empty and
    > >the property pages cannot be loaded.
    > >
    > >This behaviour is not present in the equivalent programs for C# and
    > >C++.
    > >
    > >A search of the web has not revealed any solution.
    > >
    > >Anyone got any advice on this?
    > >
    > >TIA
    > >

    > Anybody??????
    >
    > Please
    >
    > TIA

    You should get some replies if you join the MS news server:

    news.microsoft.com

    Subscribe and look (search) first in:

    microsoft.public.vstudio.general
    microsoft.public.vstudio.setup

    And if no joy looking, post in .setup first perhaps, then general.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Oct 10, 2008
  4. Patrick FitzGerald

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:44:07 +1300, Patrick FitzGerald <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On loading VBEXpress SP1 2008 with a project the Toolbox is empty and
    > >the property pages cannot be loaded.
    > >
    > >This behaviour is not present in the equivalent programs for C# and
    > >C++.
    > >
    > >A search of the web has not revealed any solution.
    > >
    > >Anyone got any advice on this?
    > >
    > >TIA
    > >

    > Anybody??????
    >
    > Please
    >
    > TIA

    And oh... include your OS in your post too.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Oct 10, 2008
  5. On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:21:16 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    Thanks Dave.

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Oct 10, 2008
  6. On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:20:16 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    I have put the address

    news.microsoft.com

    in my browser several times and always get

    Network Error (tcp_error)

    A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems
    preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again
    at a later time.

    Is there something I am doing wrong?

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Oct 15, 2008
  7. Patrick FitzGerald

    Richard Guest

    Patrick FitzGerald wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:20:16 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >

    > I have put the address
    >

    > news.microsoft.com
    >

    > in my browser several times and always get
    >
    > Network Error (tcp_error)
    >
    > A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
    > The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems
    > preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again
    > at a later time.
    >
    > Is there something I am doing wrong?

    Yes

    Its a news server, not a web server. You are doing the internet
    equivilant of sticking a dvd into a breadmaker and complaining that it
    wont make bread.

    Richard, Oct 16, 2008
  8. On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:57:32 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >Its a news server, not a web server. You are doing the internet
    >equivilant of sticking a dvd into a breadmaker and complaining that it
    >wont make bread.

    Thanks got that sorted now.

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Oct 16, 2008
  9. In message <gd66vo$ntb$>, Richard wrote:

    > Its a news server, not a web server. You are doing the internet
    > equivilant of sticking a dvd into a breadmaker and complaining that it
    > wont make bread.

    Except with TCP/IP, names don't mean anything. You could have
    news.example.com, mail.example.com and web.example.com, all pointing to the
    same machine address. The only way to tell which is the bread-maker and the
    DVD-sticker is indeed to try to stick a DVD in it and see if it sticks.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 16, 2008
  10. Patrick FitzGerald

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:57:32 +1300, Richard <> wrote:
    >

    > >Its a news server, not a web server. You are doing the internet
    > >equivilant of sticking a dvd into a breadmaker and complaining that it
    > >wont make bread.

    > Thanks got that sorted now.

    If you wanted to post via http (a web browser), and not the news-server
    (nttp - your news client, Forte Agent, should support multiple news-
    servers), you could simply browse to:

    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/

    And click on the Newsgroups link.

    --