Visual Basic 6.0 in Vista 64 Bits

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Alvaro Scorzo, Nov 29, 2007.

  1. Hi, is posible install Visual Basic 6.0 Vista 64 Bits?

    Thanks, Alvaro Scorzo
    Alvaro Scorzo, Nov 29, 2007

  2. I've heard that most versions of Visual Studio prior to 2005 SP1 with the
    Vista compat updates have problems on Windows Vista, so I wouldn't be
    suprised if the Visual Basic 6.0 development environment has problems on
    Vista x64 and XP x64 although I've not tried it myself. Visual Basic 6.0
    programs should work the same on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

    If you are asking about development tools, you can always try the free
    Visual Studio 2005 (or 2008) Express versions which work well on modern
    versions of Windows.

    --
    Chuck Walbourn
    SDE, XNA Developer Connection

    Chuck Walbourn [MSFT], Nov 29, 2007

  3. Alvaro Scorzo

    Bill Patten Guest

    Alvaro,

    VB 6 works fine in my Vista 64.

    Bill

    Bill Patten, Nov 29, 2007
  4. bill

    I cant install VB in Vista 64.
    The erro is bacause the setup is 16 bits program

    Alvaro Scorzo, Nov 30, 2007
  5. Alvaro Scorzo

    Bill Patten Guest

    Alvaro,

    Guess I got lucky, cause it installed and works fine. I checked the CD and
    it is Visual Studio 6.0 Professional Edition and the Setup.exe file is 531K
    dated 6/16/1998

    Hope this information helps you identify the problem.

    Bill Patten, Nov 30, 2007
  6. Bill,

    In Visual Basic 6.0 the setup.exe is 548 K dated 08/07/2008

    In Visual Studio "Edicion Empresarial" the setup.exe is 533 K dated
    08/04/2008

    Alvaro

    Alvaro Scorzo, Nov 30, 2007
  7. bill,

    Sorry

    In Visual Basic 6.0 the setup.exe is 548 K dated 08/07/1998

    In Visual Studio "Edicion Empresarial" the setup.exe is 533 K dated
    08/04/1998

    Alvaro

    Alvaro Scorzo, Nov 30, 2007
  8. Alvaro Scorzo

    Bill Patten Guest

    Alvaro,

    Sorry, I don't know what to suggest, mine worked fine. You might try this
    URL, and see if any of the suggestions help you.

    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1192228&SiteID=1

    Bill Patten, Nov 30, 2007