Vistaboot pro 3.0 beta available

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 29, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks again, Carlos

    John Barnes, Sep 29, 2006

  3. And, FWIW, EasyBCD 1.2 is also compatible with 5728.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 29, 2006
  4. Interesting.
    Here's the link for easybcd:
    http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

    Vistabootpro has the option for allowing the use of unsigned drivers on boot
    but somehow it doesn't seem to work.

    I still have to resort to the F8 thing on reboot in order to have my SBLive
    24-bit working.

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 29, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    VistaBootPro and EasyBCD are both front-ends for the command line tool
    bcdedit. The option to remove the driver signature check remains in bcdedit
    (it reports success even) but has been disabled by Microsoft and it is not
    coming back, apparently. Annoying (until we have signed drivers for
    everything), but, good reasons behind it.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 30, 2006
  6. Thanks, Aaron.
    I guess it's high time for the hackers to kick in.
    ;-)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 30, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Carlos:
    I used F8 to disable signing to install my Audigy 2zs in build 5728
    x64 and when I reboot the sound works without hitting F8. During
    installation I had to OK 7 unsigned flags. Thanks for the update on
    VistaBootPro, I'm still using version 2.1 without problems on 5728 x64 or
    x86, but will try 3.0 later.

    Dennis Pack, Sep 30, 2006