    Then the next below that is Premium, right? Which I think is about $100
    less.

    Question: What features do I lose if I choose Premium instead of Ultimate?
    DP, Jan 25, 2007

  2. DP

    Jane C Guest

    If you go for Home Premium, then there is no BitLocker, no ability to join a
    Domain, no gpedit.msc, no secpol.msc. No Ultimate Extras. No Complete PC
    Backup and Restore.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Jan 25, 2007

  3. DP

    Theo Guest

    See the chart at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/editions/default.mspx

    Theo, Jan 25, 2007
  4. Without knowing what kinds of things you do with your computer, no one can
    say if Vista Home Premium or Vista Ultimate is the better choice. If you
    are going to buy on price then Vista Home Basic is the least expensive.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 25, 2007
  5. DP

    DP Guest

    Thanks, Colin. But my question was not which version is right for me. It
    was, what does Ultimate have that Premium doesn't.
    I think Jane has answered the question, though in all honesty, I'm not sure
    I know what all those features are.

    DP, Jan 26, 2007