    I strongly advice you all not to use this
    Operating System!

    It is a wicked software of a not so friendly company.

    G.J.Reitsma, Jul 15, 2007

  2. G.J.Reitsma пишет:
    > How sad am I to state the following:
    > I've seen so much trouble with Vista that
    > I strongly advice you all not to use this
    > Operating System!
    >
    > It is a wicked software of a not so friendly company.

    Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

    --
    Ð’ Ñлучае чрезвычайной Ñитуации, краÑный Ñвет будет оÑвещать. ЕÑли Ñтого
    не произойдет то Ñто Ñлишком поздно Ð´Ð»Ñ Ñ‚Ð¾Ð³Ð¾, чтобы вопроÑ.

    http://www.kevin.com.ua/nntp-postings/

    =?UTF-8?B?0JrQtdCy0LjQvQ==?=, Jul 15, 2007

  3. G.J.Reitsma

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "G.J.Reitsma" <> wrote in message
    > How sad am I to state the following:
    > I've seen so much trouble with Vista that
    > I strongly advice you all not to use this
    > Operating System!
    >
    > It is a wicked software of a not so friendly company.

    I am running Vista. I have no problems running the O/S. And it's running
    like a camp.

    Mr. Arnold, Jul 15, 2007
  4. G.J.Reitsma

    Mitch Guest

    In article <Azvmi.7747$>, Mr.
    Arnold < > wrote:

    > "G.J.Reitsma" <> wrote in message
    > > How sad am I to state the following:
    > > I've seen so much trouble with Vista that
    > > I strongly advice you all not to use this
    > > Operating System!
    > >
    > > It is a wicked software of a not so friendly company.

    > I am running Vista. I have no problems running the O/S. And it's running
    > like a camp.

    So what are you saying?
    That if you don't have any problems (or aren't really all that bothered
    by the problems you do have), that no one else can have any?

    You are trying to defeat a comment about one person's experiences with
    a sample size of 1?

    Mitch, Jul 15, 2007
  5. G.J.Reitsma

    PeeCee Guest

    "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    snip

    > it's running like a camp.

    Y'mean it's all bitchy and self centred?

    :)

    Best
    Paul

    PeeCee, Jul 15, 2007
  6. G.J.Reitsma

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Mitch" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Azvmi.7747$>, Mr.
    > Arnold < > wrote:
    >
    >> "G.J.Reitsma" <> wrote in message
    >> > How sad am I to state the following:
    >> > I've seen so much trouble with Vista that
    >> > I strongly advice you all not to use this
    >> > Operating System!
    >> >
    >> > It is a wicked software of a not so friendly company.

    >> I am running Vista. I have no problems running the O/S. And it's running
    >> like a camp.

    > So what are you saying?
    > That if you don't have any problems (or aren't really all that bothered
    > by the problems you do have), that no one else can have any?
    >
    > You are trying to defeat a comment about one person's experiences with
    > a sample size of 1?

    What's your problem?

    I am only stating that I am not having any problems in running Vista. And
    running Vista for me is not the Chicken Little *the sky is falling*.

    The OP can post what he or she wants, and I am going to do the same, because
    it's a free world for the most part the last time I looked.

    You can step into any of these NG(s) and see various issues with O/S(s),
    because after all, they are just programs written by fallible Human Beings.
    When we become perfect as Human Beings, then we can expect that anything we
    create will be perfect as well.

    But that's not the case with anything we do as Human Beings, the last time I
    looked.

    And I would say that there are a vast majorty of Vista users that are in the
    same boat I am in, as a matter of fact, I talked with some in the Vista NG
    today.

    But on the other hand, if one doesn't know what he or she is doing, then
    they don't know, and it don't matter what they are using.

    Mr. Arnold, Jul 15, 2007
  7. G.J.Reitsma

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "PeeCee" <> wrote in message

    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    > snip
    >
    >> it's running like a camp.

    > Y'mean it's all bitchy and self centred?

    The IBM mainframe , Apple, Linux, Novel, Altos, Vax, Dec, RCA, Oasis, etc,
    etc O/S(s) and the list is long the ones I have worked on or used, every
    last one of them are bitchy and self centered. One just has to know how to
    work with them.

    Mr. Arnold, Jul 15, 2007
  8. G.J.Reitsma

    lee houston Guest

    >And it's running like a camp.

    Concentration or Extermination camp?

    lee houston, Jul 16, 2007
  9. lee houston пишет:

    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >>
    >> And it's running like a camp.

    > Concentration or Extermination camp?

    They're both pretty much the same concept.

    =?UTF-8?B?0JrQtdCy0LjQvQ==?=, Jul 16, 2007
  10. G.J.Reitsma

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Кевин" <> wrote in message
    > lee houston пишет:
    >>
    >> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> And it's running like a camp.

    >> Concentration or Extermination camp?
    >>

    > They're both pretty much the same concept.

    Both of you put your pants on one leg at a time like I do.

    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007
  11. G.J.Reitsma

    Mitch Guest

    In article <OBxmi.8007$>, Mr.
    Arnold < > wrote:

    > >> I am running Vista. I have no problems running the O/S. And it's running
    > >> like a camp.

    > > So what are you saying?
    > > That if you don't have any problems (or aren't really all that bothered
    > > by the problems you do have), that no one else can have any?
    > >
    > > You are trying to defeat a comment about one person's experiences with
    > > a sample size of 1?

    > What's your problem?

    I was asking you to explain what you meant by a post that didn't
    actually finish. You gave a comment about your own experience and then
    didn't say anything about it, relate it to the OP, or reach any
    conclusion.

    > I am only stating that I am not having any problems in running Vista. And
    > running Vista for me is not the Chicken Little *the sky is falling*.
    >
    > The OP can post what he or she wants, and I am going to do the same, because
    > it's a free world for the most part the last time I looked.

    Blah, blah -- defensive crap.

    > You can step into any of these NG(s) and see various issues with O/S(s),
    > because after all, they are just programs written by fallible Human Beings.
    > When we become perfect as Human Beings, then we can expect that anything we
    > create will be perfect as well.

    Oh, jeepers. Whiny and defensive and now unrelated and trite?

    > But that's not the case with anything we do as Human Beings, the last time I
    > looked.
    >
    > And I would say that there are a vast majorty of Vista users that are in the
    > same boat I am in, as a matter of fact, I talked with some in the Vista NG
    > today.

    Well, now here is an actual statement related to it. Maybe this is what
    you should have posted.
    So the vast majority of users is represented by the people in that
    group? (Nonsense!) Or is your sense of Vista being problem-free just
    because you don't hear of many problems?
    I hear about problem from Vista users vry frequently. Almost every time
    someone brings it up, it's followed by a warning or recommendation
    against it. I don't think that's doing pretty well at all.

    > But on the other hand, if one doesn't know what he or she is doing, then
    > they don't know, and it don't matter what they are using.

    So this comment contributes to which statement? Or is it just saying
    that the question can't be answered?

    Mitch, Jul 16, 2007
  12. PeeCee wrote:

    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    > snip
    >
    >> it's running like a camp.

    > Y'mean it's all bitchy and self centred?
    >
    >:)

    So, like, this one time at band camp...

    :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 16, 2007
  13. G.J.Reitsma

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Look, you don't even make any sense. Therefore, you're just going to be
    ignored. I don't have to answer to you about anything. I don't even know who
    think you are. the Lone Ranger or something.

    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007
  14. G.J.Reitsma

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > PeeCee wrote:
    >>
    >> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >> snip
    >>
    >>> it's running like a camp.

    >> Y'mean it's all bitchy and self centred?
    >>
    >>:)

    > So, like, this one time at band camp...
    >
    > :)

    Let me correct it for you, THAT'S CHAMP! IT'S RUNNING LIKE A CHAMP!

    I have never been in camp in my life. And when I was a kid with parents that
    didn't have money for such luxuries, we played in the streets and at the
    playground, like everyone else that did any money and we dreamed about camp.
    :)

    How was camp? Was it fun?

    <g>

    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007
  15. Mr. Arnold wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> PeeCee wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >>> news:Azvmi.7747$...
    >>> snip

    >>> Y'mean it's all bitchy and self centred?
    >>>
    >>>:)

    >> So, like, this one time at band camp...
    >>
    >> :)
    >>

    > Let me correct it for you, THAT'S CHAMP! IT'S RUNNING LIKE A CHAMP!
    >
    > I have never been in camp in my life. And when I was a kid with parents that
    > didn't have money for such luxuries, we played in the streets and at the
    > playground, like everyone else that did any money and we dreamed about camp.
    >:)

    You had streets? We had to play on the dinosaur paths.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 16, 2007
  16. G.J.Reitsma

    Gordon Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > You had streets? We had to play on the dinosaur paths.

    <sigh> we used to live in't middle o' road in cardboard box......

    Gordon, Jul 16, 2007
  17. G.J.Reitsma

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Oh, let me take that back. I was in camp for awhile, and it was all
    expenses paid too that was forced upon me, courtesy of the Uncle Sam and the
    US Army. And the thing about that, it was the last draft of the Vietnam era.

    I was already working in the IT field too, when I was snatched. They would
    have never gotten me, but in order to go to Control Data Institute, a
    computer school during that era, I had to register for the draft in order to
    enroll in the school. Otherwise, they would have never gotten me. :)

    On top of that, I failed the first physical due to them saying I had to much
    protein in my system, which I had eaten a lot of fish and chips with milk
    the day before I had went down there.

    So, I had a couple of days before I had to go back again for a second
    physical, and in talking with people at work and friends about how I thought
    I had failed the physical, I choked myself on fish and chips with milk. more
    than I had eaten the first time.

    This doctor who was not the one I had the first time tells me that my
    protein count was high, but it was acceptable, and I was grade *A* material,
    WTF.

    The Vietnam war was winding down, so there was not a lot of heat on the
    rooks/meat heads as we were called by the drill sergeants. It was more of a
    relaxed environment and not as it was before that, when they had to get you
    ready to go.

    To be honest, it was nothing but a party during boot camp and the few months
    after boot camp during my training assignment for Hawk Radar maintenance,
    before I got out the Army on a hardship discharge. Everyone was either drunk
    or high for the most part. :)

    I stayed in touch with a couple guys while they were on mountain tops in the
    middle of Germany at radar stations, complaining about how cold it was over
    there.

    In the meantime, I was back in Los Angeles, back at the same job I had when
    I left, they had to give it back to me it was the law due to being drafted,
    and I was kicking back in LA like before.

    So, yeah that was my camp era. :)

    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007
  18. G.J.Reitsma

    Mellowed Guest

    "Mitch" <> wrote in message
    > In article <Azvmi.7747$>, Mr.
    > Arnold < > wrote:
    >
    >> "G.J.Reitsma" <> wrote in message
    >> > How sad am I to state the following:
    >> > I've seen so much trouble with Vista that
    >> > I strongly advice you all not to use this
    >> > Operating System!
    >> >
    >> > It is a wicked software of a not so friendly company.

    >> I am running Vista. I have no problems running the O/S. And it's running
    >> like a camp.

    > So what are you saying?
    > That if you don't have any problems (or aren't really all that bothered
    > by the problems you do have), that no one else can have any?
    >
    > You are trying to defeat a comment about one person's experiences with
    > a sample size of 1?

    Make that a sample size of at least 2.

    Mellowed, Jul 16, 2007
  19. G.J.Reitsma

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Mellowed" <> wrote in message

    > "Mitch" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <Azvmi.7747$>, Mr.
    >> Arnold < > wrote:
    >>
    >>> "G.J.Reitsma" <> wrote in message

    >>> I am running Vista. I have no problems running the O/S. And it's running
    >>> like a camp.

    >> So what are you saying?
    >> That if you don't have any problems (or aren't really all that bothered
    >> by the problems you do have), that no one else can have any?
    >>
    >> You are trying to defeat a comment about one person's experiences with
    >> a sample size of 1?

    > Make that a sample size of at least 2.

    The info in the links alone makes it a good reason to hang with Vista. Vista
    has some issue, but it's not something that there is not a solution or
    workaround for it that I have seen to date. And the 3rd party software
    vendors will catch-up to Vista, just like they did when Win 2K and XP were
    released.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0905.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/network/WFP.mspx

    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007
  20. Mr. Arnold wrote:
    > Oh, let me take that back. I was in camp for awhile, and it was all
    > expenses paid too that was forced upon me, courtesy of the Uncle Sam and the
    > US Army. And the thing about that, it was the last draft of the Vietnam era.

    I'm guessing...uh...1971. Man, that was a long time ago.

    > I was already working in the IT field too, when I was snatched. They would
    > have never gotten me, but in order to go to Control Data Institute, a
    > computer school during that era, I had to register for the draft in order to
    > enroll in the school. Otherwise, they would have never gotten me. :)
    >
    > On top of that, I failed the first physical due to them saying I had to much
    > protein in my system, which I had eaten a lot of fish and chips with milk
    > the day before I had went down there.
    >
    > So, I had a couple of days before I had to go back again for a second
    > physical, and in talking with people at work and friends about how I thought
    > I had failed the physical, I choked myself on fish and chips with milk. more
    > than I had eaten the first time.
    >
    > This doctor who was not the one I had the first time tells me that my
    > protein count was high, but it was acceptable, and I was grade *A* material,
    > WTF.

    I wonder why the protein count was an issue anyway. Did they ever tell you?

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 16, 2007