    Does anybody know anything about Microsoft Vista, like is it 32 bit, or 64
    bit and what are the major features that are supposed to make it better than
    XP?

    dbixby, May 26, 2006

  2. dbixby

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, May 26, 2006

  3. dbixby

    Noel Paton Guest

    "dbixby" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anybody know anything about Microsoft Vista, like is it 32 bit, or 64
    > bit and what are the major features that are supposed to make it better
    > than XP?

    Vista is 32-bit - and 64-bit
    It is much more secure than XP, due to extensive use of 'managed code', and
    improved IE bits.

    look here for more details....
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/default.mspx

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, May 26, 2006
  4. dbixby

    Gordon Guest

    "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message

    > "dbixby" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anybody know anything about Microsoft Vista, like is it 32 bit, or
    >> 64 bit and what are the major features that are supposed to make it
    >> better than XP?
    >>

    > Vista is 32-bit - and 64-bit
    > It is much more secure than XP, due to extensive use of 'managed code',
    > and improved IE bits.

    In fact its /so/ secure it denies you access to parts of your HDD.

    Gordon, May 26, 2006
  5. dbixby

    Guest

    "dbixby" <> wrote:

    |>Does anybody know anything about Microsoft Vista, like is it 32 bit, or 64
    |>bit and what are the major features that are supposed to make it better than
    |>XP?

    Vista whenever it becomes available, will embrace DRM so tightly you
    will be forced to Lunix just to play your media. - maybe not, but it
    would sure make it a lot easier.

    I really wouldn't look forward to Vista...

    --
    The 25 Worst Tech Products of All Time
    http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,125772,pg,2,00.asp#

    , May 26, 2006
  6. dbixby

    Seatoller Guest

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 17:02:38 -0400, dbixby wrote:

    > Does anybody know anything about Microsoft Vista, like is it 32 bit, or 64
    > bit and what are the major features that are supposed to make it better
    > than XP?

    http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/24/windows-vista-feedback/

    Doesn't seem a happy bunny.

    --
    This post is likely to have been hijacked by www.jlaforums.com, among other sites,
    who try to pass it off as coming from their own forum. They are misleading the public

    Seatoller, May 26, 2006
  7. dbixby

    Seatoller Guest

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 22:55:18 +0100, Gordon wrote:

    > "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "dbixby" <> wrote in message
    >>> Does anybody know anything about Microsoft Vista, like is it 32 bit, or
    >>> 64 bit and what are the major features that are supposed to make it
    >>> better than XP?
    >>>

    >> Vista is 32-bit - and 64-bit
    >> It is much more secure than XP, due to extensive use of 'managed code',
    >> and improved IE bits.

    > In fact its /so/ secure it denies you access to parts of your HDD.

    Those parts will be 0wn3d by M$, of course!
    And this would appear to be the last windows release, as Gates wants it
    all web-based so that M$ can then own & control /everything/. One may as
    well just have a keyboard & monitor, & hand one's PC over to them IMO.
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060314/BIZ04/603140305/1013

    Unless of course, people change to another OS. Personally, I'm glad I
    bailed out of M$'s clutches years ago.

    Seatoller, May 26, 2006
  8. dbixby

    R. U. Mee Guest

    Seatoller wrote:

    > On Fri, 26 May 2006 22:55:18 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "dbixby" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Vista is 32-bit - and 64-bit
    >>> It is much more secure than XP, due to extensive use of 'managed code',
    >>> and improved IE bits.

    >> In fact its /so/ secure it denies you access to parts of your HDD.

    > Those parts will be 0wn3d by M$, of course!
    > And this would appear to be the last windows release, as Gates wants it
    > all web-based so that M$ can then own & control /everything/. One may as
    > well just have a keyboard & monitor, & hand one's PC over to them IMO.

    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060314/BIZ04/603140305/1013

    > Unless of course, people change to another OS. Personally, I'm glad I
    > bailed out of M$'s clutches years ago.

    I got out of MS clutches too. I do not think he is really serious because if
    he did what the article claims is the vision of the company now he could
    loose the goose that laid the golden egg. He is risking the future of MS on
    an unproven concept. Wonder what the share holders think?

    R. U. Mee, May 27, 2006
  9. dbixby

    Mistoffolees Guest

    R. U. Mee wrote:

    > Seatoller wrote:
    >

    >>On Fri, 26 May 2006 22:55:18 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Noel Paton" <> wrote in message

    >>>In fact its /so/ secure it denies you access to parts of your HDD.

    >>Those parts will be 0wn3d by M$, of course!
    >> And this would appear to be the last windows release, as Gates wants it
    >>all web-based so that M$ can then own & control /everything/. One may as
    >>well just have a keyboard & monitor, & hand one's PC over to them IMO.
    >>

    > http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060314/BIZ04/603140305/1013
    >
    >>Unless of course, people change to another OS. Personally, I'm glad I
    >>bailed out of M$'s clutches years ago.
    >>

    > I got out of MS clutches too. I do not think he is really serious because if
    > he did what the article claims is the vision of the company now he could
    > loose the goose that laid the golden egg. He is risking the future of MS on
    > an unproven concept. Wonder what the share holders think?

    Realize the fact that most shareholders are involved just
    to collect the dividends and capital gains, and so long as
    this continues, they are happy. In addition, money spent
    on most stocks are bought by funds and not individuals. It
    doesn't matter what the shareholders think of any business
    plan or model unless they are truly the managers or principal
    investors of these funds groups. Moreover, their education
    and background out of B-School favors the model of unilateral
    control over distribution (or supply-and-demand). MS will
    continue the way it is going unless Bill Gates starts making
    egomanical errors in the way of Enron's Lay and Skilling. Nor
    is server-based computing is not an unproven concept. IOW, the
    PC was never meant [by IBM] to be developed into the desktop
    powerhouse that it currently. It was supposed to have stayed
    a mere workstation, slightly smarter than a dumb terminal.

    Mistoffolees, May 27, 2006
  10. dbixby

    Guest

    Mistoffolees <> wrote:

    Tangent:

    |> IOW, the
    |>PC was never meant [by IBM] to be developed into the desktop
    |>powerhouse that it currently. It was supposed to have stayed
    |>a mere workstation, slightly smarter than a dumb terminal.

    The IBM chip was never ment to handle graphics or multitask
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_8088

    The Motorola 68000 did both very well and were what ran the old MACs
    and the AmigA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_68000

    But look where were at, An OS on a chip not ment for it, while
    maintain'g the philosophy of backward compatibility (all the mistakes
    on the first chip are maintained to insure old equipment and software
    still works (A20 gate)) http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/A20.html

    --
    http://media.putfile.com/PurePwnage-WoWisafeeling

    , May 27, 2006
  11. dbixby

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Seatoller" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 26 May 2006 17:02:38 -0400, dbixby wrote:
    >
    >> Does anybody know anything about Microsoft Vista, like is it 32 bit, or
    >> 64
    >> bit and what are the major features that are supposed to make it better
    >> than XP?

    > http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/24/windows-vista-feedback/
    >
    > Doesn't seem a happy bunny.

    ,,,and that's exactly what he is - a bunny, hopping all over the shop
    looking for the next doe to....
    maybe I'd better stop there.
    :)

    Noel Paton, May 27, 2006
  12. dbixby

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 17:02:38 -0400, dbixby wrote:

    >Does anybody know anything about Microsoft Vista, like is it 32 bit, or 64
    >bit and what are the major features that are supposed to make it better than
    >XP?

    Yes, It's both and www.google.com , the microsoft newsgroups and many
    vista blogs, not forgetting the MS Vista site with the feature list.

    Me

    why?, May 27, 2006
  13. dbixby

    Shep© Guest

    Shep©, May 28, 2006
  14. dbixby

    Gordon Guest

    "Shep©" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 26 May 2006 17:02:38 -0400 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    > Yang then "dbixby" <> sent this :
    >
    >>Does anybody know anything about Microsoft Vista, like is it 32 bit, or 64
    >>bit and what are the major features that are supposed to make it better
    >>than
    >>XP?
    >>

    > It's still based on DOS<grin> ;-)

    And not any old DOS, but MICROSOFT DOS!