  1. Vista x64 SP1 just went live on WU. If you see any optional device driver
    updates for your system on WU you may have to complete the device driver
    update(s) before WU offers you SP1. I did.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 21, 2008

  2. Colin Barnhorst

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks Colin. Now if I just had bandwidth available. :)

    John Barnes, Feb 22, 2008

  3. It won't be as bad as you think. My download was only 121.5GB.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 22, 2008
  4. Colin Barnhorst

    Jane C Guest

    > It won't be as bad as you think. My download was only 121.5GB.

    Typo of the week? ;-)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

    Jane C, Feb 22, 2008
  5. Colin Barnhorst

    Guest Guest

    He Meant To Say Mega Bytes, Just FYI. By The Way, It Did Not Appear On
    Microsoft Windows Vista Update 4 A MSDN X64 Clean Install Copy Of Windows
    Vista Enterprise Edition Service Pack 0, Just FYI.

    Guest, Feb 22, 2008
  6. Yep

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 22, 2008
  7. Then you have a driver that is on hold.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 22, 2008
  8. Colin Barnhorst

    John Barnes Guest

    Well, I got it downloaded and installed. Now takes about 1 1/2 times longer
    to boot up and twice the time to shut down. On the plus side, I was able to
    delete messages from Windows Mail that would not previously delete in 2 and
    5 months respectively.

    John Barnes, Feb 22, 2008
  9. My startup and shutdown times are shorter. Hmmm....

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 22, 2008
  10. So are mine.
    --
    Lance Frca {497083/1008563} MVP Shell/User
    www.zardoc.com

    Lance Le Claire, Feb 22, 2008
  11. Colin Barnhorst

    Mark Guest

    Well, I must not be one of the "some."

    I even restored a clean backup of Vista Ultimate and brought it up-to-date
    over five reboots and WU simply states... I'm up-to-date.
    No SP1.

    Mark, Feb 23, 2008
  12. Colin Barnhorst

    John Barnes Guest

    In the Vista group it was posted that it was a mistake to have put it on WU
    and that it has now been pulled.

    John Barnes, Feb 23, 2008
  13. Colin Barnhorst

    Mark Guest

    Well, if nothing else, Vista's performance has improved with the major
    cleanup performed. :)

    Mark, Feb 23, 2008
  14. It wasn't a mistake.

    A small number of users got issues with SP1 script. MS thought it best to
    remove the script in order to fix the issue for all!!

    A few 100 compared to over a million users.

    Lance Le Claire, Feb 23, 2008
  15. Colin Barnhorst

    John Barnes Guest

    Maybe over a million users, but there sure weren't millions of downloads of
    64-bit Vista SP1 before it was pulled.

    John Barnes, Feb 23, 2008
  16. Of course John, but if you beta tested and also you how many illegal
    downloads got the script (because I sure do see complaints from users who
    were not on the beta), I think you know what I mean.

    Lance Le Claire, Feb 23, 2008
  17. Colin Barnhorst

    Levi Guest

    So is this why I had it available on the 21st but did not install and now
    when I go to install it WU doesn't even indicate it as being an option?

    Levi, Feb 23, 2008
  18. Colin Barnhorst

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> "Colin
    Barnhorst" <> wrote:

    >My startup and shutdown times are shorter. Hmmm....

    Statistically irrelevant, but mine are too. However, it took 2-3 days
    for that to happen, I am assuming the delay was either until a
    defragmentation happened, SuperFetch got caught up, or some other
    internal optimization.

    DevilsPGD, Feb 23, 2008
  19. That does sound like Superfetch catching up. That's a heck of a good name
    for a dog, btw. :)

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 24, 2008
  20. The story goes that the herald file that precedes the main download caused
    an issue on a few machines so MS pulled the update for a fix.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 24, 2008