Vista x64 CD making coaster machine

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2FpbnRfY3JhaWc=?=, Apr 2, 2007.

  1. CD burning under vista broken?

    I am trying to burn a CD under windows Vista x64 this is on a completely
    fresh clean install of vista to rule out any other conflicts. Reguardless of
    the type of burn I try to do Mastered, etc... I have the same net result. The
    CD go through all the motions of burning and when it is complete, I am
    informed that it was burnt sucesfully. If I subsequently try to read the CD
    Vista asks me if I want to format the CD, almost as if it is trying to treat
    a CD as an RW.

    I then tried loading Nero on the machine as I heard this would solve this
    issue, however same result, Nero completes informing me that the CD was
    sucessfully burnt, and ejects the CD. If I then re-insert it Vista asks if I
    want to format it.

    The machine can read DVD's and CD's I have created on another machine under
    XP. It can also read CD's created on this machine when it was XP.

    The config of the system is:

    MSI K9N SLI platinum system board.
    LITEON LH-20A1H

    all running VISTA Ultimate X64

    =?Utf-8?B?c2FpbnRfY3JhaWc=?=, Apr 2, 2007

  2. Hi Craig,

    Can you provide the media code using Nero CD-DVD Speed? It may be the
    media you're using but could also be some issues with
    firmware/compatibility/etc.

    You're not the first to have issues with this burner.

    - Rafael

    Rafael R. [Live Butterfly], Apr 2, 2007

  3. Hi Rafael,

    I assume that this is what you are looking for:

    Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
    Basic Information
    Disc type: : CD-R
    Manufacturer: : CMC Magnetics
    MID : 97m26s60f
    Write speeds: : 8 X - 16 X
    Capacity: : 79:59.74
    : 703 MB
    Extended Information
    Usage : General
    Disc Status : Empty
    Raw Data
    ATIP
    0000 - D0 00 B0 00 61 1A 3C 00 4F 3B 4A 00 00 00 80 00 - ....a.<.O;J.....
    0010 - 00 80 00 00 00 80 80 00 - ........

    If you note the status it says empty, however I know for a fact that there
    is data burnt to this CD since I can visually verify this. (this is one of
    the coasters nero/vista made.)

    =?Utf-8?B?c2FpbnRfY3JhaWc=?=, Apr 2, 2007
  4. CMC Magnetics is one of the worst quality media providers on the market,
    in terms of quality. I would strongly recommend trying another brand of
    CD-Rs to try and rule them out.

    What brand were these CD-Rs marketed under? Verbatim? Imation? If other
    CD-Rs work, I strongly suggest calling their customer support services.
    They usually just send you another spindle.

    - Rafael

    Rafael R. [Live Butterfly], Apr 3, 2007