    ultimate x 64,As far as i know vista 64 should unleash the 4 gig of ram but
    what i see is installed memory 3gig ,total physical memory 3gig, how can i
    unleash the 4 gig?
    karakazan, May 11, 2008

  2. In order to gain access to the RAM that is otherwise hidden by the
    addressing for built in things like video, etc., you need to make a change
    to your BIOS. Everyone version of BIOS seems to call it something slightly
    different, and there are some that don't have the capability for it. But
    look for "remap" or "memory hole" or something similar and enable the
    remapping.

    This will then require a full, hard, reboot.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2008

  3. Not to bicker, but exiting BIOS Setup executes a Cold-Boot by default - and
    I don't even think you can circumvent that in any way!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 18, 2008
  4. karakazan

    Zootal Guest

    In most bios setups, you can circumvent it by discarding changes as you exit
    :)

    Zootal, May 18, 2008
  5. O.K. - that I didn't know. Thanks, got to check it out!

    Tony. . .

    "Zootal" <> wrote in message
    > In most bios setups, you can circumvent it by discarding changes as you

    exit
    > :)
    >

    > "Tony Sperling" <> wrote in message
    > > Not to bicker, but exiting BIOS Setup executes a Cold-Boot by default -
    > > and
    > > I don't even think you can circumvent that in any way!
    > >

    > > Tony. . .
    > >

    > > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in

    message

    Tony Sperling, May 18, 2008
  6. Also, just to be clear - there are some BIOSs that will make a change and
    then continue on. They're relatively less common, and the typical AMI BIOS
    will never do that. But I have seen them.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 19, 2008