    500 GIG WD HD
    2X 8800 GT
    880W PWR SUPPLY
    afwxguy3691, Jun 12, 2008

  2. Have you opened the nvidia control panel or Display
    Properties and ensured it is in the SLI multi-GPU mode?

    Does the BIOS indicate you have SLI-Ready Memory is Enabled?

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 12, 2008

  3. afwxguy3691

    Greg R Guest

    I'd make sure you have the power cables connected to the second card and if
    you are using a splitter of some kind that you are not sharing the same
    plugs with the other card. And since the newer boards don't have a
    circuit board to flip from single to SLI on the mother board anymore I
    believe there is a setting in the BIOS to enable/disable SLI still.

    Greg R, Jun 12, 2008
  4. afwxguy3691

    afwxguy3691 Guest

    well thanks guys for your input. I believe that I just confirmed my worst
    fear. Its a bad PCI-E slot on the motherboard. According to the manual I
    should be able to run a single card in either slot and it should work. So I
    remove a card and switch them around both cards will power up but my monitor
    stays blank when I have one in the black slot. :(

    So now I have new problem since I am going to have to RMA the motherboard.
    Hopefully Microsoft will let me reuse my vista disk.

    afwxguy3691, Jun 12, 2008
  5. You won't have any issues with reinstalling Windows. Even if it is an OEM
    copy it will be OK since the mobo isn't really changing, just being replaced
    by the same model.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 12, 2008