    Once in a while when I power up my laptop, the wireless connection connects
    to my neighbors unsecure connection. How can Vista only select my own
    wireless connection by default and not seach for another signal?

    WorthFlorida, Feb 19, 2009

  2. Hi
    Clean up the preferred list and make sure that only the connections that you
    need are there and yours is at the top of the list.
    http://www.ezlan.net/vista/vista_wlist
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 19, 2009

  3. WorthFlorida

    WorthFlorida Guest

    Thanks, that did it.

    The root problem to find this was I had the control panel in "classic" mode
    and it does not display the manager for wireless. On a search for 'manage
    wireless networks' failed and you are prompted to go to the home page of the
    control panel for Vista. There I found the icon for the manager.

    WorthFlorida, Feb 20, 2009