    Several tries, all with the same result. Can't find anything about it on
    the MS site yet.

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Nov 24, 2007

  2. Jim Beaver

    Fred Guest

    "Jim Beaver" <> wrote in message
    news:f2O1j.74004$...
    > New computer, new OS (Vista), new Windows Mail setup. First time ever
    > trying to create and send an email on this system. I click Create Mail,
    > the new email window opens --- partially. Just the blank spaces for the
    > address(es), subject line, and message text. No labels or toolbar
    > buttons. And then nothing. Clicking anywhere in the window brings up a
    > (Not Responding) note. The only option then is to close not only the
    > aborted message but Windows Mail itself, which happens automatically when
    > I choose to close the message.
    >
    > Several tries, all with the same result. Can't find anything about it on
    > the MS site yet.

    Have you got an AntiVirus program set to scan email? An incompatible one
    might cause problems.

    Fred, Nov 24, 2007

  3. Jim Beaver

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Jim Beaver" <> wrote in message
    > New computer, new OS (Vista), new Windows Mail setup. First time ever
    > trying to create and send an email on this system. I click Create Mail,
    > the new email window opens --- partially. Just the blank spaces for the
    > address(es), subject line, and message text. No labels or toolbar
    > buttons. And then nothing. Clicking anywhere in the window brings up a
    > (Not Responding) note. The only option then is to close not only the
    > aborted message but Windows Mail itself, which happens automatically when
    > I choose to close the message.
    >
    > Several tries, all with the same result. Can't find anything about it on
    > the MS site yet.

    You need to post to MS.Public.Windows.Vista.Mail to get help with Windows
    Mail, which can be done at msnews.microsoft.com. There is also Thunderbird
    that runs on Vista too. Some will point out that an AV may cause problems
    too, like Norton with Windows Mail.

    Mr. Arnold, Nov 24, 2007