    <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/11/vista_compatibility_drivers/>. Now
    that's progress, don't you think? It's almost 1/10th of what's available
    for Debian...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 12, 2007

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:56:46 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> exclaimed:

    >There are now 1900 applications "converted" to work properly on Visaster
    ><http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/11/vista_compatibility_drivers/>. Now
    >that's progress, don't you think? It's almost 1/10th of what's available
    >for Debian...

    It's because the millions of other applications didn't HAVE to be
    converted, you thick as pig shit idiot.
    Fred Dagg, Jul 12, 2007

  3. In article <f74q86$p6h$>, _zealand
    says...
    > There are now 1900 applications "converted" to work properly on Visaster
    > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/11/vista_compatibility_drivers/>. Now
    > that's progress, don't you think? It's almost 1/10th of what's available
    > for Debian...

    Aw jeez, Lawrence, this is getting tiresome. I mean, you are starting to sound
    like a religious zealot on a drive-against-the-devil. I sure don't mind when
    you are posting useful info, because I sure am no MS fanboy myself even if or
    rather because I use their OSs and I have fallen victim to their fud-
    programming on a number of occasions (Word2, Access, Worx, VB, early chkdsk) -
    but this is getting more and more drive-by-spam-like in nature. Please
    reconsider what you are doing here.

    Peter Huebner, Jul 12, 2007
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article <f74q86$p6h$>,
    > _zealand says...
    > > There are now 1900 applications "converted" to work properly on
    > > Visaster
    > > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/11/vista_compatibility_drivers/>.
    > > Now that's progress, don't you think? It's almost 1/10th of what's
    > > available for Debian...

    > Aw jeez, Lawrence, this is getting tiresome. I mean, you are starting
    > to sound like a religious zealot on a drive-against-the-devil. I sure
    > don't mind when you are posting useful info, because I sure am no MS
    > fanboy myself even if or rather because I use their OSs and I have
    > fallen victim to their fud- programming on a number of occasions
    > (Word2, Access, Worx, VB, early chkdsk) - but this is getting more
    > and more drive-by-spam-like in nature. Please reconsider what you are
    > doing here.
    >
    > > 8-( -Peter

    Lawrence, I have to agree with Peter. I'd hate to miss the odd helpful post
    by you but your OCD seems to be getting worse. I'm sure it means nothing to
    you as you seem to care little for the health of this group, but anyway,
    you're on the verge of going into my bit-bucket.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jul 13, 2007
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:56:46 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > There are now 1900 applications "converted" to work properly on Visaster
    > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/11/vista_compatibility_drivers/>.
    > Now that's progress, don't you think? It's almost 1/10th of what's
    > available for Debian...

    Ms Penguin here. You Racist!! Debra and Ian's creation is good, but just
    look around and see the diversity.
    Gordon, Jul 13, 2007
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Peter Huebner wrote:
    >> In article <f74q86$p6h$>,
    >> _zealand says...
    >> > There are now 1900 applications "converted" to work properly on
    >> > Visaster
    >> > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/11/vista_compatibility_drivers/>.
    >> > Now that's progress, don't you think? It's almost 1/10th of what's
    >> > available for Debian...

    >> Aw jeez, Lawrence, this is getting tiresome. I mean, you are starting
    >> to sound like a religious zealot on a drive-against-the-devil. I sure
    >> don't mind when you are posting useful info, because I sure am no MS
    >> fanboy myself even if or rather because I use their OSs and I have
    >> fallen victim to their fud- programming on a number of occasions
    >> (Word2, Access, Worx, VB, early chkdsk) - but this is getting more
    >> and more drive-by-spam-like in nature. Please reconsider what you are
    >> doing here.
    >>
    >> > 8-( -Peter

    > Lawrence, I have to agree with Peter. I'd hate to miss the odd helpful
    > post by you but your OCD seems to be getting worse. I'm sure it means
    > nothing to you as you seem to care little for the health of this group,
    > but anyway, you're on the verge of going into my bit-bucket.
    > --
    > Shaun.

    LOL
    Your attitude and at least 2 other idiots including the mentally disturbed
    one aren't doing a damn thing for this group. The fool comes here day in
    and day out with nothing but anti PC crap. Anyone going on about MS like he
    does non stop is anti PC.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 13, 2007
  7. In message <>, Gordon wrote:

    > On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:56:46 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> There are now 1900 applications "converted" to work properly on Visaster
    >> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/11/vista_compatibility_drivers/>.
    >> Now that's progress, don't you think? It's almost 1/10th of what's
    >> available for Debian...

    > Ms Penguin here. You Racist!! Debra and Ian's creation is good, but just
    > look around and see the diversity.

    I thought Debian was a good, simple comparison because of the tens of
    thousands of apps that come prepackaged for it. I believe the total number
    of open-source programs in the world is more like 140,000, which is nearly
    another order of magnitude larger than Debian directly provides. Include
    all those, and it puts Vista even further into the shade.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 13, 2007
  8. In message <1184308394.373187@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:

    > Your attitude and at least 2 other idiots including the mentally disturbed
    > one aren't doing a damn thing for this group.

    Well, you _are_ reinforcing my point about the pro-Dimdows camp refusing to
    use their real names, yet being the first to resort to personal
    name-calling and general ad-hominem attacks. Quite hypocritical, don't you
    think.

    > The fool comes here day in and day out with nothing but anti PC crap.
    > Anyone going on about MS like he does non stop is anti PC.

    Microsoft != PC.

    Actually, that should probably be

    Microsoft < PC
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 13, 2007
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > In message <1184308394.373187@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:
    >
    >> Your attitude and at least 2 other idiots including the mentally
    >> disturbed
    >> one aren't doing a damn thing for this group.

    > Well, you _are_ reinforcing my point about the pro-Dimdows camp refusing
    > use their real names, yet being the first to resort to personal
    > name-calling and general ad-hominem attacks. Quite hypocritical, don't you
    > think.
    >
    >> The fool comes here day in and day out with nothing but anti PC crap.
    >> Anyone going on about MS like he does non stop is anti PC.

    > Microsoft != PC.
    >
    > Actually, that should probably be
    >
    > Microsoft < PC

    Whatever you type won't change a damn thing. There are more MS and Linux
    users than there are of you and the 2 or 3 idiots that who fully support
    everything that your disturbed mind offers.

    You're off again in yet another new thread that is damn near meaningless.
    You're bad news for this group and always have been - day in day out - year
    in year out - non stop with the piles of crap all because your disturbed
    mind hasn't got anything at all worthwhile to do.
    In the mirror is one of the biggest fools in the country looking right back
    at you.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 13, 2007
  10. In message <1184314450.296024@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:

    > There are more MS ... users ...

    Yes, but how many of them are running Vista?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 13, 2007
  11. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:23:56 +1200, Fred Dagg wrote:

    > On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:56:46 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> exclaimed:
    >
    >>There are now 1900 applications "converted" to work properly on Visaster
    >><http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/11/vista_compatibility_drivers/>.
    >>Now that's progress, don't you think? It's almost 1/10th of what's
    >>available for Debian...

    > It's because the millions of other applications didn't HAVE to be
    > converted, you thick as pig shit idiot.

    Indeed, but they seem to be. Cross platform programmes are gaining in
    numbers. After all AJAX is starting to clean up.
    Gordon, Jul 13, 2007
  12. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:23:14 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Peter Huebner wrote:
    >> In article <f74q86$p6h$>,
    >> _zealand says...
    >> > There are now 1900 applications "converted" to work properly on
    >> > Visaster
    >> > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/11/vista_compatibility_drivers/

    >.
    >> > Now that's progress, don't you think? It's almost 1/10th of what's
    >> > available for Debian...

    >> Aw jeez, Lawrence, this is getting tiresome. I mean, you are starting
    >> to sound like a religious zealot on a drive-against-the-devil. I sure
    >> don't mind when you are posting useful info, because I sure am no MS
    >> fanboy myself even if or rather because I use their OSs and I have
    >> fallen victim to their fud- programming on a number of occasions
    >> (Word2, Access, Worx, VB, early chkdsk) - but this is getting more and
    >> more drive-by-spam-like in nature. Please reconsider what you are doing
    >> here.
    >>
    >> > 8-( -Peter

    > Lawrence, I have to agree with Peter. I'd hate to miss the odd helpful
    > post by you but your OCD seems to be getting worse. I'm sure it means
    > nothing to you as you seem to care little for the health of this group,
    > but anyway, you're on the verge of going into my bit-bucket.

    Get on with it and let this group carry on. Why moan about it? Think
    about it eh?
    Gordon, Jul 13, 2007
  13. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On 13 Jul 2007 09:00:16 GMT, Gordon <> exclaimed:

    >On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:23:56 +1200, Fred Dagg wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:56:46 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >> <_zealand> exclaimed:
    >>
    >>>There are now 1900 applications "converted" to work properly on Visaster
    >>><http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/11/vista_compatibility_drivers/>.
    >>>Now that's progress, don't you think? It's almost 1/10th of what's
    >>>available for Debian...

    >> It's because the millions of other applications didn't HAVE to be
    >> converted, you thick as pig shit idiot.

    >Indeed, but they seem to be. Cross platform programmes are gaining in
    >numbers. After all AJAX is starting to clean up.

    Oh, I completely agree. In fact, really, why should software be
    limited to a platform? It would be better for everyone if more
    software wasn't platform specific, but, of course, the practicalities
    of the real world make that not really possible.

    Obviously performance apps are always going to be (they really need to
    be to get the most out of their environment, and cross-platform
    development environment generally suck performance-wise - see Java),
    however for business apps etc, Ajax-based apps (and other server-model
    technology) are really the way of the future.

    It's just a pity that our internet is so crap here. Other countries
    are approaching LAN-like speeds for WANs, yet we're still stuck with
    pathetically slow ADSL, with a network that simply doesn't stack up,
    and a very low likelihood of anything being done about it anytime
    soon, now that the govt's removed all incentives to investment in
    infrastructure.
    Fred Dagg, Jul 13, 2007
  14. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:05:12 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> exclaimed:

    >> The fool comes here day in and day out with nothing but anti PC crap.
    >> Anyone going on about MS like he does non stop is anti PC.

    >Microsoft != PC.
    >
    >Actually, that should probably be
    >
    >Microsoft < PC

    Oh, for god's sake. Sorry, but Windows is synonymous with PC.

    You're a fool.
    Fred Dagg, Jul 13, 2007
  15. Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:05:12 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> exclaimed:
    >
    >>> The fool comes here day in and day out with nothing but anti PC crap.
    >>> Anyone going on about MS like he does non stop is anti PC.

    >> Microsoft != PC.
    >>
    >> Actually, that should probably be
    >>
    >> Microsoft < PC

    > Oh, for god's sake. Sorry, but Windows is synonymous with PC.
    >
    > You're a fool.

    Classic.
    Mark Robinson, Jul 13, 2007
  16. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > In message <1184314450.296024@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:
    >
    >> There are more MS ... users ...

    > Yes, but how many of them are running Vista?

    Apart from you no one really cares. Only difference it makes what other
    people are running is to you. You're obviously not happy with your setup
    going by your continual moaning and never will will be until either your PC
    blows up or you get some fatal disease.
    The latter might prove to you that there's better things you could be doing
    than your continual moaning about a company that most don't have many
    propblems with at all.
    Never mind the fact that most peoples PCs have been running perfectly well
    for some number of years, not that it should be any concern to you anyway.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 14, 2007
  17. In message <1184368579.518772@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:

    >> In message <1184314450.296024@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:
    >>
    >>> There are more MS ... users ...

    >> Yes, but how many of them are running Vista?

    > Apart from you no one really cares.

    That's the trouble with Vista, isn't it.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 14, 2007
  18. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    E. Scrooge Guest

    > In message <1184368579.518772@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:

    >>> Yes, but how many of them are running Vista?

    >> Apart from you no one really cares.

    > That's the trouble with Vista, isn't it.

    The fact that it worries you so damn much is just one of it's completely
    free and charming little bonus feature that's on all versions of Vista.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 14, 2007
  19. On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 03:35:22 +1200, Mark Robinson wrote:

    >> Oh, for god's sake. Sorry, but Windows is synonymous with PC.
    >>
    >> You're a fool.

    > Classic.

    I always thought that "PC" was short for "IBM Personal Computer" -
    hardware that used to be manufactured and shipped by... IBM. Nothing to do
    with M$ Windows.

    Thus, any software designed to run on a system that can run on the PC
    platform can reasonably be considered to be "PC" software, if you choose
    to think in those terms. Dumb way of thinking about it, but there you go.
    That appears to be how some people think about "PC" software.

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    bath and a short dress to get into."
    Jonathan Walker, Jul 14, 2007
  20. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On 14 Jul 2007 19:49:54 +1200, Jonathan Walker <>
    exclaimed:

    >On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 03:35:22 +1200, Mark Robinson wrote:
    >
    >>> Oh, for god's sake. Sorry, but Windows is synonymous with PC.
    >>>
    >>> You're a fool.

    >> Classic.

    >I always thought that "PC" was short for "IBM Personal Computer" -
    >hardware that used to be manufactured and shipped by... IBM. Nothing to do
    >with M$ Windows.
    >
    >Thus, any software designed to run on a system that can run on the PC
    >platform can reasonably be considered to be "PC" software, if you choose
    >to think in those terms. Dumb way of thinking about it, but there you go.
    >That appears to be how some people think about "PC" software.

    You are correct in that that is the origins or the term, however it
    has now become synonymous with Windows-based PCs.
    Fred Dagg, Jul 14, 2007