Vista vs XP

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Tara Legale, Nov 25, 2007.

  1. Tara Legale

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <L5y3j.77970$>, HLS
    <> scribeth thus

    >"Tara Legale" <> wrote in message
    >> Why Vista? What change does it bring compared to XP? I see in a few
    >> models you can still get a new PC with XP so I'm wondering if I should
    >> stick with XP or go with Vista.
    >>
    >> My cousin said Vista won't take older programs and I do use some older
    >> ones (mainly older games).

    >There is a lot of older software that is not compatible with Vista.
    >Supposedly Vista can
    >operate in a compatibility mode so that you can use some of your older
    >things, but do
    >not count on it working. It doesnt always.
    >
    >Worse, some of your older peripherals, like digital cameras, printers, and
    >scanners may
    >not work on Vista. The drivers are not available on some of them, and
    >unless you can find a workable driver, you are out of business. You will
    >have to buy new items when the worst case happens.
    >
    >Vista is not as intuitive as we would have hoped, many of us having
    >experienced all the previous versions of Windows. It is sometimes
    >irritating, sometimes downright exasperating.
    >
    >And sometimes,when you buy a new computer with Vista installed, you cannot
    >downgrade
    >to XP or 2000. Not always but sometimes. (My HP/Compaq is one of these
    >that cannot
    >be returned to XP) Again, if the drivers dont exist, you are stuck with
    >Vista.
    >
    >I have pulled my old computer out of the junkpile and got it repaired and
    >ready to go back
    >to earlier Windows variants.
    >
    >I may run Linux Ubuntu on the new Compaq. If all else fails, I may have to
    >buy an Apple,
    >although I am now even suspicious of them and their toasty cosy relationship
    >with Intel and Microsoft.

    Yep I needed a new laptop so that I can run either WIN 2000 or XP but
    rather then buy new I've had to buy second-hand .. still I got two for
    the price of one :)
    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Nov 29, 2007

  2. Tara Legale

    Boscoe Guest

    "tony sayer" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Mr. Arnold
    > <> scribeth thus
    >>
    >>"tony sayer" <> wrote in message
    >>> In article <>, Mr. Arnold
    >>> <> scribeth thus

    >>> Please yourself but do stay over that side of the pond, theres a good
    >>> chap;)...

    >>Damn the pond bullshit, because whatever country you're in, a bomb needs
    >>be dropped on the POS before I'll step foot in it. And with the words
    >>*chap*
    >>and *pounds*, I know what country you're from, and there should be a bomb
    >>dropped to take out every last one of you SOB(s).
    >>

    > Another one of them who's never set foot outside the state line let
    > alone the country;!..
    >
    > In the killfile you go:)...
    > --
    > Tony Sayer

    Like the American football player who came to London, England and didn't
    know what language we speak here. You couldn't make it up, could you?

    As for bombs being dropped on innocent victims which you seem to condone in
    your missive; that's why America is dispised in most parts of the world,
    including here. Special relationship, don't make me laugh. We know all
    about your bombs, anyway. 'Friendly fire' used on our troops by your
    so-called elite air force. Anyway, you're not a representative of your
    nation, you're just a sad troll.

    Boscoe, Nov 29, 2007

  3. Tara Legale

    tony sayer Guest

    >Like the American football player who came to London, England and didn't
    >know what language we speak here. You couldn't make it up, could you?
    >
    >As for bombs being dropped on innocent victims which you seem to condone in
    >your missive; that's why America is dispised in most parts of the world,
    >including here. Special relationship, don't make me laugh. We know all
    >about your bombs, anyway. 'Friendly fire' used on our troops by your
    >so-called elite air force. Anyway, you're not a representative of your
    >nation, you're just a sad troll.

    When the Germans started shooting the British ducked..

    When the British started shooting the Germans ducked

    When the Americans started shooting everybody ducked;)...
    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Nov 29, 2007
  4. Tara Legale

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "tony sayer" <> wrote in message
    > >Like the American football player who came to London, England and didn't
    >>know what language we speak here. You couldn't make it up, could you?
    >>
    >>As for bombs being dropped on innocent victims which you seem to condone
    >>in
    >>your missive; that's why America is dispised in most parts of the world,
    >>including here. Special relationship, don't make me laugh. We know all
    >>about your bombs, anyway. 'Friendly fire' used on our troops by your
    >>so-called elite air force. Anyway, you're not a representative of your
    >>nation, you're just a sad troll.
    >>

    > When the Germans started shooting the British ducked..
    >
    > When the British started shooting the Germans ducked
    >
    > When the Americans started shooting everybody ducked;)...

    And that shit hole you two are from, all that country has ever done over
    the centuries is bring Guns, Germs, Steel and Religion out of that shit hole
    called England, and that rat hole called Europe on every continent that
    people out of that fucked-up area have ever stepped on to conquer the
    indigenous people. Your people's shit stinks as bad as any people's shit
    stinks on this damn Earth. It's well documented that exploits of you SOB(s).
    Your people destroyed the indigenous peoples of North America, South
    America, Africa (still reeling from it) and Australia -- pot calling the
    kettle black - just FYI.

    Mr. Arnold, Nov 29, 2007
  5. On Nov 28, 12:29 pm, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote:
    > I am Mr. Arnold that's who I am. And I have been in the IT field since 1971.
    > The problems for IT started happening when the dumbass masses started using
    > computers. I'll include you in that category, along with the two in the

    Actually, the problems in IT started when the masses went from using
    Commodores, Amigas, and Apples, and started to use IBM compatibles and
    Windows.
    BTW, allowing the masses to use the Internet wasnt a good idea either.

    Mr.Bolshoyhuy, Dec 1, 2007
  6. Tara Legale

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Mr.Bolshoyhuy" <> wrote in message
    > On Nov 28, 12:29 pm, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote:
    >> I am Mr. Arnold that's who I am. And I have been in the IT field since
    >> 1971.
    >> The problems for IT started happening when the dumbass masses started
    >> using
    >> computers. I'll include you in that category, along with the two in the

    > Actually, the problems in IT started when the masses went from using
    > Commodores, Amigas, and Apples, and started to use IBM compatibles and
    > Windows.
    > BTW, allowing the masses to use the Internet wasnt a good idea either.

    The Internet is going to become even more worst with the implementation of
    TCP/IPv6 for the masses.

    Mr. Arnold, Dec 1, 2007