    The laptop is for light duties so I'll be happy with XP but I'd like
    the upgrade for my main PC (also a Compaq running a legit copy of XP)

    Any ideas?
    Jason Clinton, Feb 1, 2007

  2. Jason Clinton

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 20:30:45 +1300, Jason Clinton <>
    exclaimed:

    >I just bought a laptop running XP - bloody good price but they've all
    >been superceeded by Vista models now.
    >
    >Anyway the laptop is eligible for a Vista upgrade - the cost is US$50
    >I think
    >
    >What I want to know is if the upgrade is generic off-the-shelf version
    >or one directly tied to run only my laptop (a Compaq).
    >
    >The laptop is for light duties so I'll be happy with XP but I'd like
    >the upgrade for my main PC (also a Compaq running a legit copy of XP)
    >
    >Any ideas?

    These are usually tied to the hardware.

    --
    Stupidest Comment of the Year Award:

    "People should take responsibility for their actions"

    - (Leftist) Matty F (7/1/2007), when explaining it was actually the quadbiker's fault that he was brutally murdered by Graeme Burton. According to Matty F, it was his fault that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...
    Fred Dagg, Feb 1, 2007