    I want to purchase a 64bit version of windows vista ultimate and download
    it... is this at all possible? If it is could you link me up?

    Thanks a ton!

    char, Jul 1, 2008

  2. char

    char Guest

    Sorry my real question is, do all ultimate version if i buy full come with
    both 64bit and 32bit?

    char, Jul 1, 2008

  3. All retail Vista Ultimate boxes include both the x86 and x64 dvd's. Other
    editions of Vista come with the x86 dvd and instructions for getting the x64
    dvd for shipping and handling.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 1, 2008
  4. char

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Have a look here for details.

    http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/content.aspx?ctId=396&tabid=1

    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Jul 1, 2008
  5. Retail copies of Vista Ultimate contains both 32- and 64 bit media.2 DVD:s
    included in the box.
    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro
    Coreâ„¢ 2 Extreme X6800

    Maratonmannen, Jul 1, 2008
  6. char

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Char.

    Yes. The full Ultimate package is one funny-looking box with TWO DVD-ROMs
    and ONE product key. You pick either disk (the 32-bit one OR the 64-bit
    one), insert it and run Setup, entering that one PK when asked.

    If you change your mind later and want to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit - or
    vice-versa - then you must delete the installed version before booting with
    the OTHER DVD and running Setup again, entering that same PK again.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 1, 2008
  7. But for clarity - if it's an OEM version, it does NOT come with both.

    --
    Charlie Russel
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 1, 2008