    running when windows starts ...? i checked the help but it says i will
    need to enable them every boot-up, which is mental..... we run render
    nodes without monitors etc...

    cgimofo, May 7, 2008

  2. cgimofo

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <fvqs67$qht$>, says...
    > i'm sure this has been mentioned 100 times before... but we're having
    > major issues with a Vista machine lol. this OS has spawned from Satan's
    > underpants. our studio had to install 64-bit Vista Ultimate as we
    > couldn't get X64 any more... and its a couple months before we're
    > rolling out suse.
    >
    > anyway is there anyway to tell Vista NOT to block our network apps from
    > running when windows starts ...? i checked the help but it says i will
    > need to enable them every boot-up, which is mental..... we run render
    > nodes without monitors etc...

    You can make the apps "run as" an admin account, or you can turn off UAC
    completely.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, May 7, 2008

  3. cgimofo

    EMB Guest

    Dave Doe wrote:
    > You can make the apps "run as" an admin account, or you can turn off UAC
    > completely.

    Turning off UAC removes most of the Vista headaches. :)

    EMB, May 7, 2008
  4. In article <482176f4$>, EMB did write:

    > Turning off UAC removes most of the Vista headaches. :)

    And throws away much of the point of upgrading to Vista in the first place.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 7, 2008

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930367

    Nathan Mercer, May 8, 2008
  6. cgimofo

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Wed, 07 May 2008 23:37:34 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In article <482176f4$>, EMB did write:
    >
    >> Turning off UAC removes most of the Vista headaches. :)

    > And throws away much of the point of upgrading to Vista in the first place.

    He's heard it 100 times before but he still chose Vista over Linux.

    I guess that means if Vista is yuck then Linux is puke.

    -ws

    Will Spencer, May 8, 2008
  7. In article <>, "Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC)" <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 07 May 2008 18:10:34 -0700, Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >
    ><snip - stuff>
    >
    >Don't ya just love the way Micro$oft's employees have to keep propping up
    >Micro$oft its rubbish?

    Unfair. Nathan usually contributes useful and helpful comments. He's allowed
    an off day occasionally, as are we all. :)
    And the good news is, we know his biases - he's never hidden behind nyms. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 12, 2008