    even have Office 2003 installed.

    Someone clue me in please.

    Thanks

    Stone Chen, Feb 14, 2008

  2. Stone Chen

    gerryf Guest

    right click the update, choose DETAILS

    maybe it will provide a hint

    Perhaps you have a office 2003 trial on your system that came pre-installed
    (dell and hp do this)

    gerryf, Feb 14, 2008

  3. Labelling. It no doubt also applies to a component of the Office you have
    installed.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 14, 2008
  4. Do you have any Office document viewers installed? They use much the same
    technology and code base that their full-fledged counterparts use, thus
    needing the same updates.

    --
    Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]

    Richard G. Harper, Feb 14, 2008
  5. Stone Chen

    John Barnes Guest

    You could also post in the Office Update Newsgroup.
    microsoft.public.officeupdate

    John Barnes, Feb 15, 2008
  6. Stone Chen

    Judith Guest

    RE: Vista Ultimate Windows Update Problem with Office 2003 Service Pac

    Stone: I have WinXP MCE 2005 with Office 2007. Received and installed same
    update referencing Office 2003. Was curious at the time, but allowed the
    update and everything is working correctly. But since I have your attention,
    I'm considering getting an HP high-end computer with Vista Ultimate. HP only
    offers 64-bit Ultimate for these computers. I'm studying like mad to make
    sure my important software (like Office 2007) and external hardware (like an
    HP external hard drive and wireless printer and a Sony DVD/cd burner (DRX 700
    UL) will still work on the 64-bit. So far, feeling pretty good about the
    printer (per HP) but can't seem to find any information about the burner
    working with 64-bit Ultimate. Do you have any experience with external
    devices since you have Vista Ultimate 64-bit? Would love to hear pro or con.
    Thanks.

    Judith, Feb 15, 2008
  7. Stone Chen

    Theo Guest

    Re: Vista Ultimate Windows Update Problem with Office 2003 ServicePac

    You should Google for "DRX 700 UL" and also "DRX 700UL" to
    find some experiences posted. It depends on what you're
    expecting from the burner. Apparently it doesn't work to
    well for installing an OS.

    Theo, Feb 15, 2008
  8. Stone Chen

    Judith Guest

    Re: Vista Ultimate Windows Update Problem with Office 2003 Service

    Thanks, Theo. Have done this but maybe need to spend more time on it.
    Nothing much comes up. It is an older burner, but a great burner. Keeping
    my WinXP computers anyway; therefore, will be keeping the burner for them.

    Judith, Feb 15, 2008