  1. I purchased Windows Vista Ultimate online and it came with one CD. Am I to
    assume that this includes the 64-bit version of the Vista or is that on a
    seperate CD?

    =?Utf-8?B?c2xzaGVw?=, Oct 9, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2xzaGVw?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    I believe you mean that it was on one DVD. it is available on CDs but it
    takes five CDs. The 32 and 64 bit versions are on separate DVDs. And some
    of us long-time folks though OSs were getting large when it took more
    than a couple of 1.44 MB floppies to hold the install files!

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Oct 9, 2007

  3. Vista comes on two DVDs in the retail version. If you bought an online
    upgrade from another version, you don't get a DVD at all, you have to order
    them, I believe. And if you bought an OEM version from an online retailer,
    you bought only one architecture - either 32-bit or 64-bit.
    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 10, 2007
  4. I am guessing it is the 32-bit version but how can I make sure?

    =?Utf-8?B?c2xzaGVw?=, Oct 10, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?c2xzaGVw?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Control Panel/System See System Type

    John Barnes, Oct 10, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?c2xzaGVw?=

    XS11E Guest

    "John Barnes" <> wrote:

    > Control Panel/System See System Type

    John, I don't think he's installed the software yet, has he? If I read
    the original post correctly he's trying to find out if his Vista DVD is
    32 or 64 bit.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org

    XS11E, Oct 10, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?c2xzaGVw?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You are probably right. If he has a DVD it should be printed on the face if
    it is a legit copy. I know OEM and Retail say whether it is 32-bit or
    64-bit.

    John Barnes, Oct 10, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?c2xzaGVw?=

    XS11E Guest

    "John Barnes" <> wrote:

    > You are probably right. If he has a DVD it should be printed on
    > the face if it is a legit copy.

    I think that's the point, the OP said, "I purchased Windows Vista
    Ultimate online and it came with one CD."

    I suspect it may be an illegal copy but who knows?

    XS11E, Oct 10, 2007
  9. Hello,
    If an os is already installed, pop in the DVD\CD and let auto-run start.
    If you have a 32-bit OS and the media is 64-bit it will warn you that setup
    cannot run unless you boot from the DVD
    The same is true if you have a 64-bit OS installed and the media is 32-bit.

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Oct 10, 2007