    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/co...ab4&dg=microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    =?Utf-8?B?c3RyMWQzcg==?=, Jun 15, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c3RyMWQzcg==?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Please use the Vista newsgroups for discussions of x64 Vista. To
    address your post, there are some general USB issues in Beta 2 that
    are independent of what application you are using. If you go into
    device manager and disable USB power management on the USB root hubs,
    you may see some improvements.

    And as for voting for this, or using the web based newsreader under
    any circumstances, there are too chances of my doing this. Slim and
    None.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Jun 15, 2006

  3. what i'm confused. didn't i post in the
    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general newsgroup? and what is this "voting"
    you speak of?

    =?Utf-8?B?c3RyMWQzcg==?=, Jun 15, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c3RyMWQzcg==?=

    Rick Guest

    Just want to point this out, for persons with
    Vista questions, please post
    to the appropriate ng, this newsgroup is for
    discussions relating to Windows
    XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64 and IA 64.

    Here is a list of available newsgroups for
    Windows Vista as of today:

    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_account_passwords
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

    Head on over to the following page at
    Microsoft's website on how to configure
    your newsreader to read Microsoft's Public
    Newsgroups:

    Rick, Jun 15, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?c3RyMWQzcg==?=

    Kimmy Guest

    The group gods will get you. Be scared.

    Kimmy, Jun 15, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?c3RyMWQzcg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:03:41 -0700, "Kimmy" <> wrote:

    >The group gods will get you. Be scared.

    Did they step to hard on your toes, Mr Barnes?

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 15, 2006
  7. i'm sorry, but this group is listed under "windows vista newsgroups." that's
    the heading. it's rather confusing. it's as if windows 64-bit computing
    were some sort of "subgroup" of windows vista newsgroups. does microsoft
    know how to read an outline format?

    =?Utf-8?B?c3RyMWQzcg==?=, Jun 15, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?c3RyMWQzcg==?=

    Rick Guest

    And, if you had been reading posts in this group
    the past few days, you would have seen one in
    which the Vista team apologized for putting this
    group on the list and said they would take it off!

    WHAT I POSTED BELOW IS CORRECT! THIS IS THE
    WRONG PLACE FOR VISTA!

    Rick, Jun 15, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?c3RyMWQzcg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:23:25 -0700, str1d3r
    <> wrote:

    >i'm sorry, but this group is listed under "windows vista newsgroups." that's
    >the heading. it's rather confusing. it's as if windows 64-bit computing
    >were some sort of "subgroup" of windows vista newsgroups. does microsoft
    >know how to read an outline format?

    It's a mistake made by MS and they have been contacted about it already.
    This group is dealing with XP64 and Server 2003. Sometimes questions
    criss-cross operating-systems, so they will be answered here as well.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 15, 2006
  10. I have this issue on my 64bit machine but only on Vista x86. Vista x64 is
    performing well for me. I am using an nVidia 6800 video card and a few
    other posters who reported sluggishness were also using the same card. It
    may be a driver not quite right.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 15, 2006
  11. I also suspect that if you're marginal on RAM, you'll see this a lot. The
    way that Vista uses memory for window management is going to stress marginal
    systems.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 15, 2006
  12. I know. I shouldn't be seeing this at all. I have 4GB.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 16, 2006
  13. Agreed. How much video RAM do you have? I'm wondering if that is entering in
    to it?

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 16, 2006
  14. 256

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 16, 2006
  15. as you say, then. Drivers. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 16, 2006
  16. I think so too. This is the first build I've seen the problem. Perhaps I
    will get an update one fine day and all will be well.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 17, 2006