    I am wondering if there is a way to override this so It will act like
    XP, without those annoying warning for simple tasks. Something like
    TweakUI
    Travis, Nov 27, 2006

  2. Travis

    bmoag Guest

    I predict great problems with Vista, installation and operation.
    A potential absolute fiasco for Microsoft.
    bmoag, Nov 27, 2006

  3. Travis

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <eDuah.15866$>, bmoag
    <> writes
    >I predict great problems with Vista, installation and operation.
    >A potential absolute fiasco for Microsoft.

    Well sod that then. I'll stick to my WIN 2K installation for the
    foreseeable future:)

    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Nov 27, 2006
  4. Travis

    bmoag Guest

    The reason Vista upgrading will be problematic is that the dual boot
    installation does not always work properly with the current public release.
    Microsoft people that respond on their bulletin board say this is the final
    code for the OS. Knowledgeable users will likely pick this pathway and a
    significant percentage will face serious problems. The current public
    release also does not feature code that allows you to roll back to your
    prior OS if you chose to upgrade an existing XP install and have problems.
    If this feature will be in the commercial release it has not been publicly
    tested or announced. Vista requires frequent input for approval of routine
    tasks, something most users will find onerous. This is Microsoft's way of
    shifting its security problems onto the user. If you ok an errant process it
    becomes your fault and not theirs. As there is absolutely no pressing reason
    for anyone to upgrade to Vista smart people will wait until the many obvious
    problems with the current public release are resolved.
    bmoag, Nov 27, 2006
  5. tony sayer wrote:
    > In article <eDuah.15866$>, bmoag
    > <> writes
    >> I predict great problems with Vista, installation and operation.
    >> A potential absolute fiasco for Microsoft.
    >>

    > Well sod that then. I'll stick to my WIN 2K installation for the
    > foreseeable future:)

    I intended to do that until well into the 22nd century, but... some new
    software now will not run on W2K. In a couple of years that may be most
    new software. You can't win (pun intended).
    Julian Treadwell, Nov 28, 2006
  6. Travis

    grappletech Guest

    "bmoag" <> wrote in news:eDuah.15866$Sw1.14793
    @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

    > I predict great problems with Vista, installation and operation.
    > A potential absolute fiasco for Microsoft.

    Yeah, just get a free copy of Linux -- Xandros for example. From what I've
    heard of this new Vista; it's an absolute flaming steaming pile of $140
    doggie doo. But it features new and exciting eye candy! If Microsoft had
    any ethics, they'd give it away for free to 10,000 guinea pigs to find the
    bugs.

    I have Windows XP sp2 and Xandros Linux on all my PC's (separate
    partitions).

    grappletech, Nov 28, 2006
  7. Travis

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <456b843c$>, Julian Treadwell
    <> writes
    >tony sayer wrote:
    >> In article <eDuah.15866$>, bmoag
    >> <> writes
    >>> I predict great problems with Vista, installation and operation.
    >>> A potential absolute fiasco for Microsoft.
    >>>

    >> Well sod that then. I'll stick to my WIN 2K installation for the
    >> foreseeable future:)
    >>

    >I intended to do that until well into the 22nd century, but... some new
    >software now will not run on W2K. In a couple of years that may be most
    >new software. You can't win (pun intended).

    Sod it then if thats the case, I'm of to Linux land;)
    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Nov 28, 2006