    What is Vista TM or is it part of Basic or Home Premium?

    Thanks
    Lori
    kayla, Jan 20, 2008

  2. kayla

    Pen Guest

    kayla wrote:
    > What is Vista TM or is it part of Basic or Home Premium?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Lori

    TM is trade mark Vista (TM)
    Pen, Jan 20, 2008

  3. kayla

    kayla Guest

    Thank you. Vista is a real challenge just when I caught on to
    Windows XP.

    kayla, Jan 20, 2008
  4. kayla

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 20, 2008
  5. "kayla" <afwt_hotmail.com@> wrote in message
    > Thank you. Vista is a real challenge just when I caught on to
    > Windows XP.

    Stay with XP for as long as you can.

    Vista seems stable enough, unlike 98 and ME, but it is a different GUI
    (graphical user interface) than any Windcows that went before it. there are
    some applications (both hardware apps -- drivers and such -- and software)
    that you currently run that might not run under Vista. If you are not buying
    a new machine, then do not buy the Vista OS. If you are buying a new
    machine, you won't be able to avoid Vista, but delay the purchase as long as
    you can.

    DUH! You already have Vista. Oh well, maybe somebody else wil benefit from
    my suggestion.
    Jeff Strickland, Jan 21, 2008
  6. kayla

    kayla Guest

    Yup, it's a little late but I will take Mr Arnold's advice and buy
    Vista for Dummies. My desktop is XP and laptop is Vista Home Premium.

    kayla, Jan 22, 2008
  7. kayla

    HLS Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message

    > "kayla" <afwt_hotmail.com@> wrote in message
    >> Thank you. Vista is a real challenge just when I caught on to
    >> Windows XP.
    >>

    > Stay with XP for as long as you can.

    Underscore that!!!

    It is not only that Vista has a different approach to the GUI, which may be
    inconvenient until one is accustomed to it.....in my case that POS Vista
    does not handle most of my older peripherals...printer, camera, scanner,
    etc.

    I hate it, actually.

    Just bought an ASUS eee with 8 gig and Linux. Perfect for the traveling
    person and a business oriented small machine.
    HLS, Feb 1, 2008
  8. kayla

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "HLS" <> wrote in message

    > "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "kayla" <afwt_hotmail.com@> wrote in message
    >>> Thank you. Vista is a real challenge just when I caught on to
    >>> Windows XP.
    >>>

    >> Stay with XP for as long as you can.

    > Underscore that!!!
    >
    > It is not only that Vista has a different approach to the GUI, which may
    > be inconvenient until one is accustomed to it.....in my case that POS
    > Vista does not handle most of my older peripherals...printer, camera,
    > scanner, etc.
    >
    > I hate it, actually.
    >
    > Just bought an ASUS eee with 8 gig and Linux. Perfect for the traveling
    > person and a business oriented small machine.

    Vista is a different platform even though it's an NT based O/S. I don't
    think you have really looked under the hood of Vista to know what's
    happening with Vista.

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=785
    Mr. Arnold, Feb 2, 2008