    done wrong as it never used to do that?
    Thank you very much for your help,
    Dribbler

    Dribbler, Sep 2, 2010

  2. Dribbler

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:18:45 +0100, Dribbler wrote:

    > On my Vista taskbar, when I pass the mouse over all opened windows, a
    > little box pops up which I found useful.
    > However, the darned things stay open in miniature now and won't go away
    > - I only wanted to glance at them not have them 'permanently' there!
    > What have I done wrong as it never used to do that? Thank you very much
    > for your help,
    > Dribbler

    System Restore to a point in time when the little boxes behaved normally.

    Meat Plow, Sep 2, 2010

  3. Dribbler

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:18:45 +0100, Dribbler wrote:

    > On my Vista taskbar, when I pass the mouse over all opened windows, a
    > little box pops up which I found useful.
    > However, the darned things stay open in miniature now and won't go away
    > - I only wanted to glance at them not have them 'permanently' there!
    > What have I done wrong as it never used to do that? Thank you very much
    > for your help,
    > Dribbler

    You'll need to format your hard drive to correct this (serious) problem.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as the woodpecker approached his hot-air balloon.

    Dan C, Sep 2, 2010
  4. Dribbler

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 11:42:39 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:18:45 +0100, Dribbler wrote:
    >
    >> On my Vista taskbar, when I pass the mouse over all opened windows, a
    >> little box pops up which I found useful. However, the darned things
    >> stay open in miniature now and won't go away - I only wanted to glance
    >> at them not have them 'permanently' there! What have I done wrong as it
    >> never used to do that? Thank you very much for your help,
    >> Dribbler

    > System Restore to a point in time when the little boxes behaved
    > normally.

    Heh. Dumbass. Yeah, and lose any (possibly valuable) saved files done
    since that restore point.

    You windoze droids sure are stupid.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he stepped into the acceleration chamber.

    Dan C, Sep 2, 2010
  5. Dribbler

    joevan Guest

    On 02 Sep 2010 12:42:57 GMT, Dan C <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 11:42:39 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:18:45 +0100, Dribbler wrote:
    >>
    >>> On my Vista taskbar, when I pass the mouse over all opened windows, a
    >>> little box pops up which I found useful. However, the darned things
    >>> stay open in miniature now and won't go away - I only wanted to glance
    >>> at them not have them 'permanently' there! What have I done wrong as it
    >>> never used to do that? Thank you very much for your help,
    >>> Dribbler

    >> System Restore to a point in time when the little boxes behaved
    >> normally.

    >Heh. Dumbass. Yeah, and lose any (possibly valuable) saved files done
    >since that restore point.
    >
    >You windoze droids sure are stupid.

    What is that phrase I am trying to think---Oh yeah the pot calling the
    kettle black. Then you dan are the cats meow when it comes to stupid
    and a gd troll to boot.

    joevan, Sep 2, 2010
  6. On 02 Sep 2010 12:42:57 GMT, Dan C <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 11:42:39 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:18:45 +0100, Dribbler wrote:
    >>
    >>> On my Vista taskbar, when I pass the mouse over all opened windows, a
    >>> little box pops up which I found useful. However, the darned things
    >>> stay open in miniature now and won't go away - I only wanted to glance
    >>> at them not have them 'permanently' there! What have I done wrong as it
    >>> never used to do that? Thank you very much for your help,
    >>> Dribbler

    >> System Restore to a point in time when the little boxes behaved
    >> normally.

    >Heh. Dumbass. Yeah, and lose any (possibly valuable) saved files done
    >since that restore point.
    >
    >You windoze droids sure are stupid.

    System restore will not affect any saved files. Doesn't touch them.

    BinaryBillThe Sailor@Sea++.com, Sep 2, 2010
  7. Dribbler

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:54:17 -0400, joevan wrote:

    > On 02 Sep 2010 12:42:57 GMT, Dan C <> wrote:

    >>> System Restore to a point in time when the little boxes behaved
    >>> normally.

    >>Heh. Dumbass. Yeah, and lose any (possibly valuable) saved files done
    >>since that restore point.
    >>
    >>You windoze droids sure are stupid.

    > What is that phrase I am trying to think---Oh yeah the pot calling the
    > kettle black. Then you dan are the cats meow when it comes to stupid
    > and a gd troll to boot.

    Yeah Dumb C has run his course. Nothing left but a beaten hide like month
    old road-kill. Someone kill me if I lose it like he did.

    Meat Plow, Sep 2, 2010
  8. Dribbler

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 09:04:06 -0400, BinaryBillThe Sailor wrote:

    > On 02 Sep 2010 12:42:57 GMT, Dan C <> wrote:

    >>> System Restore to a point in time when the little boxes behaved
    >>> normally.

    >>Heh. Dumbass. Yeah, and lose any (possibly valuable) saved files done
    >>since that restore point.
    >>
    >>You windoze droids sure are stupid.

    > System restore will not affect any saved files. Doesn't touch them.

    Don't bother explaining these things Dumb C. Besides being a worn out
    troll, he just doesn't have the mental capacity to understand.

    HTH

    Meat Plow, Sep 2, 2010
  9. Dribbler

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 02/09/2010 13:42, Dan C wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 11:42:39 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:18:45 +0100, Dribbler wrote:
    >>
    >>> On my Vista taskbar, when I pass the mouse over all opened windows, a
    >>> little box pops up which I found useful. However, the darned things
    >>> stay open in miniature now and won't go away - I only wanted to glance
    >>> at them not have them 'permanently' there! What have I done wrong as it
    >>> never used to do that? Thank you very much for your help,
    >>> Dribbler

    >> System Restore to a point in time when the little boxes behaved
    >> normally.

    > Heh. Dumbass. Yeah, and lose any (possibly valuable) saved files done
    > since that restore point.

    User data is not affected by a system restore.

    Desk Rabbit, Sep 2, 2010
  10. Dribbler

    VanguardLH Guest

    Dribbler wrote:

    > On my Vista taskbar, when I pass the mouse over all opened windows, a little
    > box pops up which I found useful.
    > However, the darned things stay open in miniature now and won't go away - I
    > only wanted to glance at them not have them 'permanently' there! What have I
    > done wrong as it never used to do that?

    What you are asking about is the Thumbnail Preview for the Windows
    taskbar. Google still works:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=+"windows vista" -"windows 7" +taskbar +preview

    which found the following articles:

    http://www.hanselman.com/blog/HowToMakeVistaTaskbarPreviewsAndALTTABThumbnailsBigger.aspx
    http://www.tweakvista.com/articles/39187/adjust_taskbar_preview_size/

    Are you perhaps confusing the thumbnail previews for the taskbar buttons
    with the previews shown when using Alt+Tab to switch between app
    windows?

    Or perhaps you upped the screen resolution. As the screen resolution
    goes up, everything gets smaller on the screen. Why? Because the DPI
    (dots per inch) setting has not changed. With more pixels in the same
    distance, a object painted using the same number of pixels will get
    smaller in size. You need to up the DPI setting to keep objects the
    same size. Only then are you utilizing the increased resolution that
    you paid for. By upping the DPI (after upping the resolution), you
    increase the number of pixels used to paint objects, like text. That
    means they become sharper. Go into the screen settings and up the DPI.

    Windows Vista newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

    You'll have to ignore or filter out probably just as many trolls,
    pueriles, and retards over there as is needed here.

    VanguardLH, Sep 3, 2010
  11. Dribbler

    Dribbler Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > Dribbler wrote:
    >
    >> On my Vista taskbar, when I pass the mouse over all opened windows, a
    >> little
    >> box pops up which I found useful.
    >> However, the darned things stay open in miniature now and won't go away -
    >> only wanted to glance at them not have them 'permanently' there! What
    >> have I
    >> done wrong as it never used to do that?

    > What you are asking about is the Thumbnail Preview for the Windows
    > taskbar. Google still works:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=+"windows vista" -"windows 7" +taskbar +preview
    >
    > which found the following articles:
    >
    > http://www.hanselman.com/blog/HowToMakeVistaTaskbarPreviewsAndALTTABThumbnailsBigger.aspx
    > http://www.tweakvista.com/articles/39187/adjust_taskbar_preview_size/
    >
    > Are you perhaps confusing the thumbnail previews for the taskbar buttons
    > with the previews shown when using Alt+Tab to switch between app
    > windows?
    >
    > Or perhaps you upped the screen resolution. As the screen resolution
    > goes up, everything gets smaller on the screen. Why? Because the DPI
    > (dots per inch) setting has not changed. With more pixels in the same
    > distance, a object painted using the same number of pixels will get
    > smaller in size. You need to up the DPI setting to keep objects the
    > same size. Only then are you utilizing the increased resolution that
    > you paid for. By upping the DPI (after upping the resolution), you
    > increase the number of pixels used to paint objects, like text. That
    > means they become sharper. Go into the screen settings and up the DPI.
    >

    > Windows Vista newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    >
    > You'll have to ignore or filter out probably just as many trolls,
    > pueriles, and retards over there as is needed here.

    Thank you very much for your help which has solved my problem. I did try
    Google, but obviously didn't know the correct words to use.
    You are much appreciated Vanguard!
    Dribbler

    Dribbler, Sep 3, 2010