Vista SP1 "wave 0" on Monday?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Jan 31, 2008.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Jan 31, 2008

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 1, 2008

  3. Colin Barnhorst, Feb 1, 2008
  4. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    And "Patch Tuesday" is usually the second Tuesday of the month.
    That takes us to Feb 12th, which fits perfectly inside my "blackout &
    unplugged" 2 week period that my wife calls "vacations".
    I am leaving on Feb 9th and I guess I will have to wait till late February
    in order to enjoy the pleasure and excitement of SP1.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Feb 1, 2008
  5. Carlos

    Tom Lake Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Are we that close?
    > http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=505
    > Carlos

    That's the RTM date. Remember, it may be weeks after RTM that it's
    available to the public.
    It takes time to create a master and dup the CDs and they may not want to
    make the file
    available for download before the CDs are ready.

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Feb 1, 2008
  6. I think the real reason Charlie is waiting for Patch Tuesday is that the
    release of SP1 will most likely be coordinated with the launch of WS2008.
    That way both will be available by Patch Tuesday in March. Since they share
    core files patching needs to be coordinated.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 1, 2008