Vista SP1 oh no...

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Jake Malone - MVP/MUT, Feb 20, 2008.

  1. Microsoft pulls Vista update

    By INQUIRER Newsdesk: Wednesday, 20 February 2008, 6:57 PM

    AFTER AN UPDATE to Vista sent some PCs bananas, Microsoft pulled it,
    although it hasn't yet produced code to fix those bananas PCs.

    "Immediately after receiving reports of this error, we made the decision
    to temporarily suspend automatic distribution of the update to avoid
    further customer impact while we investigate possible causes," said
    Volish Vista bogger Nick White, yesterday.

    White said the bananas PCs belonged to "a small number of customers in
    unique circumstances".

    He added: "We are working to identify possible solutions and will make
    the update available again shortly after we address the issue."

    The update number 937287 is designed as a prelude to Vista Service Pack
    1 (SP1). Unfortunately, it sent some PCs into an eternal cycle of
    reboots that only ceased when the plug was pulled.

    Whether the balls-up will delay SP1 is unclear. You'd have to say it
    doesn't look good, however. µ

    Jake Malone - MVP/MUT, Feb 20, 2008

  2. Jake Malone - MVP/MUT

    Guest Guest

    No Problems Here, Just FYI. I Guess That I Am Lucky That My MSDN Copy Of
    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Installed Just Fine On My 2 Computer's With Out
    Any Problems Whatsoever, Just FYI.

    Guest, Feb 21, 2008