    there somewhere that I can download SP1 and bypass windows update, or a way
    that I can try to display the option back in windows update program? Thanks
    for the help!

    Levi, Feb 23, 2008

  2. Levi

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> Levi
    <> wrote:

    >I originally went to install SP1 for x64 Vista, but canceled the install
    >programt before even starting due to other programs running on my machine at
    >the same time. Upon canceling the installation I ended up getting error code
    >Code4C7. I closed the update window thinking that I would go back and run
    >windows update after I was done using my other programs. But now, when I go
    >into windows update, it doesn't even give me the option to install SP1. I
    >check the Update history and it has on there the failed attempt to install
    >SP1, but does not give me the little check box in order to install it. Is
    >there somewhere that I can download SP1 and bypass windows update, or a way
    >that I can try to display the option back in windows update program? Thanks
    >for the help!

    Right now, no. Wait for SP1's official release.

    DevilsPGD, Feb 23, 2008

  3. Levi

    Levi Guest

    "DevilsPGD" wrote:

    > In message <> Levi
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I originally went to install SP1 for x64 Vista, but canceled the install
    > >programt before even starting due to other programs running on my machine at
    > >the same time. Upon canceling the installation I ended up getting error code
    > >Code4C7. I closed the update window thinking that I would go back and run
    > >windows update after I was done using my other programs. But now, when I go
    > >into windows update, it doesn't even give me the option to install SP1. I
    > >check the Update history and it has on there the failed attempt to install
    > >SP1, but does not give me the little check box in order to install it. Is
    > >there somewhere that I can download SP1 and bypass windows update, or a way
    > >that I can try to display the option back in windows update program? Thanks
    > >for the help!

    > Right now, no. Wait for SP1's official release.

    so it wasn't officially released yet? Did they send it our prematurely or
    something the first time?

    Levi, Feb 23, 2008
  4. There was an issue on a few machines with the small file that downloads to
    write a registry key in preparation for the main download so it was pulled
    for a fix.

    SP1 is final and official. Only the mechanics of making it available to the
    general public remains. But it is out now.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 24, 2008