    folders on my old drive at all.

    Surely there is a way to copy over files from one HD to another in Vista? I
    want to import my favourites and all sorts...

    Gorbag, Jul 6, 2007

  2. Gorbag

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Gorbag" <> wrote in message
    news:468ec68e$0$8714$...
    >I have just installed Vista. My old XP install is kept on my old HD which I
    >have running in order to copy over files. Or so I'd hoped. Vista security
    >stops me and I have to go to the security tab for every flipping folder. I
    >know I can disable UAC but this results in me not being able to access the
    >folders on my old drive at all.
    >
    > Surely there is a way to copy over files from one HD to another in Vista?
    > I want to import my favourites and all sorts...

    Microsoft.public.windows.vista general, setup or security NG
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 6, 2007

  3. Gorbag

    Fred Guest

    "Gorbag" <> wrote in message
    >I have just installed Vista. My old XP install is kept on my old HD which I
    >have running in order to copy over files. Or so I'd hoped. Vista security
    >stops me and I have to go to the security tab for every flipping folder. I
    >know I can disable UAC but this results in me not being able to access the
    >folders on my old drive at all.
    >
    > Surely there is a way to copy over files from one HD to another in Vista?
    > I want to import my favourites and all sorts...

    Try right clickung on the drive in Computer
    Select Share
    Advanced Sharing
    Share this Folder and set up permissions and security as needed.
    Fred, Jul 7, 2007
  4. Gorbag

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Disabling it does not prevent access to other folders, how are you disabling
    it?

    pcbutts1, Jul 7, 2007