    A friend of mine is trying to load photoshop 7 on his vista OS
    it keeps freezing at 3% even when he tried it in the compatability
    mode.... any suggestions.. thanks
    lurk, Mar 2, 2008

  2. lurk

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:41:47 -0500, lurk wrote:

    >A friend of mine is trying to load photoshop 7 on his vista OS

    Adobe Photoshop 7? (exactly v7?)

    Any particular version of Vista?

    >it keeps freezing at 3% even when he tried it in the compatability
    >mode.... any suggestions.. thanks

    http://groups.google.com/
    Results 1 - 10 of about 32,900,000 for photoshop.

    alt.graphics.photoshop
    1202 subscribers - Last message: 51 minutes ago

    adobe.photoshop.windows
    1208 subscribers - Last message: 35 minutes ago

    comp.graphics.apps.photoshop

    or www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 3,690,000 for
    photoshop 7 vista.
    (0.27 seconds)

    Adobe user forum, FAQ and support.

    Any of the many graphics forums.

    Me
    why?, Mar 2, 2008

  3. lurk

    VanguardLH Guest

    "lurk" wrote in message
    > A friend of mine is trying to load photoshop 7 on his vista
    > OS it keeps freezing at 3% even when he tried it in the
    > compatability mode.... any suggestions.. thanks

    Adobe PhotoShop 7
    OS Required: Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft
    Windows 2000 SP2, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 SP6a, Microsoft Windows 98
    Second Edition, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition

    As per your prattle chatspeak style:
    vista isn't listed.... your, ahem , "friend" might have to
    upgrade.... photoship cs3 supports vista (32-bit versions only)..
    VanguardLH, Mar 2, 2008
  4. lurk

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:41:47 -0500, "lurk" <> wrote:

    >A friend of mine is trying to load photoshop 7 on his vista OS
    >it keeps freezing at 3% even when he tried it in the compatability
    >mode.... any suggestions.. thanks

    Most likely a 64 bit version of vista.
    He should get a compatible version of photoshop.

    --

    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain(attributed)
    richard, Mar 2, 2008
  5. lurk

    HeyHo Guest

    Sounds like he's using a non-compatible version of photoshop with vista. May
    need to upgrade photoshop to the appropriate vista capable version.

    HeyHo, Mar 2, 2008
  6. lurk

    lurk Guest

    Ok thank you all for the responses...

    lurk, Mar 2, 2008
  7. lurk

    Guest

    , Mar 2, 2008
  8. "lurk" <> wrote in message
    > A friend of mine is trying to load photoshop 7 on his vista OS
    > it keeps freezing at 3% even when he tried it in the compatability
    > mode.... any suggestions..

    Yeah...either find out what is conflicting with the install or check the
    installation media. Photoshop 7 is compatible with Vista. Google it. You'll
    see.
    Oxford Systems, Mar 2, 2008
  9. <> wrote in message
    > "lurk" <> wrote:
    >
    >>A friend of mine is trying to load photoshop 7 on his vista OS
    >>it keeps freezing at 3% even when he tried it in the compatability
    >>mode.... any suggestions.. thanks

    > Need to throw money at vista to get things to work.

    Are you a one trick pony or just not too bright? Photoshop 7 is Vista
    compatible as are the vast majority of recent applications that were
    designed to work with XP. I know you have an opinion on Vista but it seems
    to be baseless or at best based on what you read and not on what you know.
    Oxford Systems, Mar 2, 2008
  10. lurk

    Guest

    "Oxford Systems" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> "lurk" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>A friend of mine is trying to load photoshop 7 on his vista OS
    >>>it keeps freezing at 3% even when he tried it in the compatability
    >>>mode.... any suggestions.. thanks

    >> Need to throw money at vista to get things to work.

    >Are you a one trick pony or just not too bright? Photoshop 7 is Vista
    >compatible as are the vast majority of recent applications that were
    >designed to work with XP. I know you have an opinion on Vista but it seems
    >to be baseless or at best based on what you read and not on what you know.

    Might check out Gimp http://www.gimp.org/ or Paint.net
    http://www.getpaint.net/ both very close to Photoshop, just open
    source.

    See any place where Photoshop 7 was mentioned uncompatible with vista?
    No.

    All the post above mine said that. if this person has to upgrade
    (purchase) Photoshop; I gave alternatives.

    I did type that out wrong it was suppose to be:
    No need to throw money at vista to get things to work.

    Then the alternatives.
    --

    Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition 2008 // 118 PICS SCANNED
    http://randomhot.com/galleries/siswimsuit2008/all.html
  11. lurk

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    lurk wrote:
    > Ok thank you all for the responses...

    Good luck getting your space bar fixed, and your top posting issue...
    Desk Rabbit, Mar 4, 2008