    Also my restore points have vannished.

    could do with some help please!!

    pel
    PEL, Dec 2, 2007

  2. PEL

    ded Guest

    "PEL" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > WINDOWS CANNOT SEARCH FOR UPDATES.
    > ERROR CODE : 80070490.
    >
    > aPART FROM THIS MY PROGRAMMES WORK OK
    > Also my restore points have vannished.
    >
    > could do with some help please!!
    >
    > pel

    The error message and specifically the error code you've posted
    do not exist. Windows error messages are precise.
    This is the MS knowledgebase:
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=&spid=global

    Type *exactly* the error message/code in the "For:" field
    In "Search Product" select Vista from drop-down menu.
    ded, Dec 2, 2007

  3. PEL

    PEL Guest

    What i told you is correct.:
    code : 80070490
    WINDOWS COULD NOT SEARCH FOR NEW UPDATES.

    PEL

    PEL, Dec 2, 2007
  4. PEL

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Mr. Arnold, Dec 2, 2007
  5. PEL

    PEL Guest

    Thankyou mr arnold,but no luck still the same code and error

    pel

    PEL, Dec 2, 2007
  6. PEL

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "PEL" <> wrote in message
    > Thankyou mr arnold,but no luck still the same code and error

    Post to msnews.microsoft.com to MS.Public.Windows.Vista.General,
    Setup_install or Security. You'll find people there that can maybe help you.

    You can also get to msnews.microsoft.com via a Web browser instead of a
    client side newsgroup posting program as well.
    Mr. Arnold, Dec 2, 2007