    anyone knows whether this could be a problem with the new computer
    itself or is more likely to be due to incompatibility with Vista?

    Thanks!

    lisa, Jan 11, 2008

  2. lisa

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:54:14 +0000, lisa wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I've just got a new pc that came with Vista.

    My heartfelt commiserations go out to you.

    Aardvark, Jan 11, 2008

  3. lisa

    TJ Guest

    lisa <> wrote in news:pe0fo3larndcob6ds21ujmv9kp1vo2322r@
    4ax.com:

    > Hi
    >
    > I've just got a new pc that came with Vista. My HP PSC 1210 printer
    > seemed to work ok with it until I tried to check my ink levels and
    > discovered a known incompatibility problem ( a quick google revealed
    > lots of others unable to access advanced functions and told by HP to
    > upgrade their printer). The only real problem this is causing me is
    > that, when priting documents with charts (eg. Excel graphs), the
    > information within the graphs is missing. I've tried printing the
    > exact same document using the same printer with my old Windows XP
    > laptop and it works fine. It seems an odd problem and I just wonder if
    > anyone knows whether this could be a problem with the new computer
    > itself or is more likely to be due to incompatibility with Vista?
    >
    > Thanks!

    From the horses mouth:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00808543
    &lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=90764&lang=en
    ----------------------------
    "The driver solution for this product is included in your Windows Vista
    operating system and is already on your computer. There is no need to
    download anything. Follow the steps below to quickly and easily get your
    product working with Windows Vista."

    [snip installation guide]

    "You might find that some of the advanced features are no longer
    available when using this basic driver. You can upgrade to an HP product
    that is fully compatible with Windows Vista if the advanced features are
    necessary."
    ----------------------------

    From that, I gather you're screwed. Appears as though the generic
    driver built into Vista is "good enough" as far as HP is concerned.
    Basically they're saying you can either live with it, or buy a new
    printer. Nice, huh? Lucky for you, you have XP to fall back on.

    TJ, Jan 11, 2008
  4. lisa

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "lisa" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I've just got a new pc that came with Vista. My HP PSC 1210 printer
    > seemed to work ok with it until I tried to check my ink levels and
    > discovered a known incompatibility problem ( a quick google revealed
    > lots of others unable to access advanced functions and told by HP to
    > upgrade their printer). The only real problem this is causing me is
    > that, when priting documents with charts (eg. Excel graphs), the
    > information within the graphs is missing. I've tried printing the
    > exact same document using the same printer with my old Windows XP
    > laptop and it works fine. It seems an odd problem and I just wonder if
    > anyone knows whether this could be a problem with the new computer
    > itself or is more likely to be due to incompatibility with Vista?

    You need to post to MS.Public.Windows.Vista.General at msnews.microsoft.com,
    which should be established for you on Windows Mail -- MS Communities, to
    see if someone can help you.

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 11, 2008