    Any prices for Microsoft Vista available yet
    Ciao
    ZL409
    ZL409, Jan 23, 2007

  2. ZL409

    Chris Hope Guest

    Chris Hope, Jan 23, 2007

  3. ZL409

    none Guest

    ZL409 wrote:
    > Any prices for Microsoft Vista available yet
    > Ciao
    > ZL409

    Any threads on this already in the last 10 days
    none, Jan 23, 2007
  4. ZL409

    Earl Grey Guest

    none wrote:
    > ZL409 wrote:
    >> Any prices for Microsoft Vista available yet
    >> Ciao
    >> ZL409

    > Any threads on this already in the last 10 days

    pp.co.nz has some prices
    Earl Grey, Jan 23, 2007
  5. ZL409

    Zipper Guest

    Earl Grey wrote:
    > none wrote:
    >> ZL409 wrote:
    >>> Any prices for Microsoft Vista available yet
    >>> Ciao
    >>> ZL409

    >> Any threads on this already in the last 10 days

    > pp.co.nz has some prices

    Ahh cool, I wanted to see the OEM prices..

    $348 for the ultimate version, not too bad..
    I will be sticking with XP for a while yet though to see if all the
    paranoia over certain features in vista is warranted or not.
    Some of the things in Vista look great but to me it appears like a good
    service pack for XP rather than the huge step up that MS advertise it as.
    Zipper, Jan 23, 2007
  6. "Zipper" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Earl Grey wrote:
    >> none wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Any threads on this already in the last 10 days

    >> pp.co.nz has some prices

    > Ahh cool, I wanted to see the OEM prices..
    >
    > $348 for the ultimate version, not too bad..
    > I will be sticking with XP for a while yet though to see if all the
    > paranoia over certain features in vista is warranted or not.
    > Some of the things in Vista look great but to me it appears like a good
    > service pack for XP rather than the huge step up that MS advertise it as.

    FYI, you can try a virtualised copy of Vista at:

    http://www.vistatestdrive.com/

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ
    Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ, Jan 24, 2007
  7. ZL409

    Mike NZAA Guest

    "Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > "Zipper" <> wrote in message
    >> Earl Grey wrote:

    >>> pp.co.nz has some prices

    >> Ahh cool, I wanted to see the OEM prices..
    >>
    >> $348 for the ultimate version, not too bad..
    >> I will be sticking with XP for a while yet though to see if all the
    >> paranoia over certain features in vista is warranted or not.
    >> Some of the things in Vista look great but to me it appears like a good
    >> service pack for XP rather than the huge step up that MS advertise it as.

    > FYI, you can try a virtualised copy of Vista at:
    >
    > http://www.vistatestdrive.com/
    >
    > Brett Roberts
    > Microsoft NZ

    What a fantastic site that is!!

    Everything is "unavailable in my geographic location". Why did you bother
    posting this if it's not available to NZ users? Well done Microsoft!

    Mike
    NZAA
    Mike NZAA, Jan 24, 2007
  8. ZL409

    Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:30:39 +1300, "Mike NZAA" <> wrote:

    >"Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ" <> wrote in
    >message news:...
    >> "Zipper" <> wrote in message

    >>> Ahh cool, I wanted to see the OEM prices..
    >>>
    >>> $348 for the ultimate version, not too bad..
    >>> I will be sticking with XP for a while yet though to see if all the
    >>> paranoia over certain features in vista is warranted or not.
    >>> Some of the things in Vista look great but to me it appears like a good
    >>> service pack for XP rather than the huge step up that MS advertise it as.

    >> FYI, you can try a virtualised copy of Vista at:
    >>
    >> http://www.vistatestdrive.com/
    >>
    >> Brett Roberts
    >> Microsoft NZ

    >What a fantastic site that is!!
    >
    >Everything is "unavailable in my geographic location". Why did you bother
    >posting this if it's not available to NZ users? Well done Microsoft!
    >
    >Mike
    >NZAA

    Works fine from here....

    just opened window and checked... yes still in New Zealand.

    Don't take it personally... but it must be you... and you sound like
    such a nice guy and all.
    , Jan 24, 2007
  9. ZL409

    El Chippy Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:22:14 +1300, Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ wrote:

    > FYI, you can try a virtualised copy of Vista at:
    >
    > http://www.vistatestdrive.com/
    >
    > Brett Roberts
    > Microsoft NZ

    Pity it doesn't work with Non-MS browsers.
    El Chippy, Jan 24, 2007
  10. ZL409

    Zipper Guest

    Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ wrote:
    > "Zipper" <> wrote in message
    >> Earl Grey wrote:

    >>> pp.co.nz has some prices

    >> Ahh cool, I wanted to see the OEM prices..
    >>
    >> $348 for the ultimate version, not too bad..
    >> I will be sticking with XP for a while yet though to see if all the
    >> paranoia over certain features in vista is warranted or not.
    >> Some of the things in Vista look great but to me it appears like a
    >> good service pack for XP rather than the huge step up that MS
    >> advertise it as.

    > FYI, you can try a virtualised copy of Vista at:
    >
    > http://www.vistatestdrive.com/
    >
    > Brett Roberts
    > Microsoft NZ

    Hi Brett,

    Thanks for your reply.

    It doesn't seem to like my geographical location. I noticed that
    someone else was having the same problem (amoung other problems they
    might have judging by the tone of their message.).

    Perhaps it just doesn't like our Orcon ip ranges :(.
    Zipper, Jan 24, 2007
  11. ZL409

    Mutlley Guest

    "Mike NZAA" <> wrote:

    >"Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ" <> wrote in
    >message news:...
    >> "Zipper" <> wrote in message

    >>> Ahh cool, I wanted to see the OEM prices..
    >>>
    >>> $348 for the ultimate version, not too bad..
    >>> I will be sticking with XP for a while yet though to see if all the
    >>> paranoia over certain features in vista is warranted or not.
    >>> Some of the things in Vista look great but to me it appears like a good
    >>> service pack for XP rather than the huge step up that MS advertise it as.

    >> FYI, you can try a virtualised copy of Vista at:
    >>
    >> http://www.vistatestdrive.com/
    >>
    >> Brett Roberts
    >> Microsoft NZ

    >What a fantastic site that is!!
    >
    >Everything is "unavailable in my geographic location". Why did you bother
    >posting this if it's not available to NZ users? Well done Microsoft!
    >
    >Mike
    >NZAA

    I just tried it and got

    "Updating Site"

    "Please check back soon"

    Undergoing SP1 so soon??
    Mutlley, Jan 24, 2007
  12. "Mike NZAA" <> wrote in message

    > "Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ" <> wrote
    > in message news:...
    >> "Zipper" <> wrote in message

    >>> Ahh cool, I wanted to see the OEM prices..
    >>>
    >>> $348 for the ultimate version, not too bad..
    >>> I will be sticking with XP for a while yet though to see if all the
    >>> paranoia over certain features in vista is warranted or not.
    >>> Some of the things in Vista look great but to me it appears like a good
    >>> service pack for XP rather than the huge step up that MS advertise it
    >>> as.

    >> FYI, you can try a virtualised copy of Vista at:
    >>
    >> http://www.vistatestdrive.com/
    >>
    >> Brett Roberts
    >> Microsoft NZ

    > What a fantastic site that is!!
    >
    > Everything is "unavailable in my geographic location". Why did you bother
    > posting this if it's not available to NZ users? Well done Microsoft!
    >
    > Mike
    > NZAA

    Yeah, my bad. I tried it from the office (via a proxy server in Singapore)
    without thinking that some bright spark might have decided to lock some
    countries out. Wheels are turning at this end to find out (a) why and (b)
    fix it. Sorry about that folks.

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ
    Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ, Jan 24, 2007
  13. The real price of Vista is the loss of freedom to use your computer
    as you see fit

    The new security features will make you the untrusted person in your
    own computer.

    Patrick
    Patrick FitzGerald, Jan 24, 2007
  14. ZL409

    Mike NZAA Guest

    "Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ" <> wrote in
    message news:45b7cc5e$...
    > "Mike NZAA" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ" <> wrote
    >> in message news:...
    >>> "Zipper" <> wrote in message

    >>> FYI, you can try a virtualised copy of Vista at:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.vistatestdrive.com/
    >>>
    >>> Brett Roberts
    >>> Microsoft NZ

    >> What a fantastic site that is!!
    >>
    >> Everything is "unavailable in my geographic location". Why did you
    >> bother posting this if it's not available to NZ users? Well done
    >> Microsoft!
    >>
    >> Mike
    >> NZAA
    >>

    > Yeah, my bad. I tried it from the office (via a proxy server in Singapore)
    > without thinking that some bright spark might have decided to lock some
    > countries out. Wheels are turning at this end to find out (a) why and (b)
    > fix it. Sorry about that folks.
    >
    > Brett Roberts
    > Microsoft NZ

    Cool. Thought we'd been locked out of the revolution! :)

    Mike
    NZAA
    Mike NZAA, Jan 25, 2007
  15. ZL409

    Mike NZAA Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:30:39 +1300, "Mike NZAA" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ" <> wrote
    >>in
    >>message news:...
    >>> "Zipper" <> wrote in message

    >>> FYI, you can try a virtualised copy of Vista at:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.vistatestdrive.com/
    >>>
    >>> Brett Roberts
    >>> Microsoft NZ

    >>What a fantastic site that is!!
    >>
    >>Everything is "unavailable in my geographic location". Why did you bother
    >>posting this if it's not available to NZ users? Well done Microsoft!
    >>
    >>Mike
    >>NZAA
    >>

    > Works fine from here....
    >
    > just opened window and checked... yes still in New Zealand.
    >
    > Don't take it personally... but it must be you... and you sound like
    > such a nice guy and all.

    Well...it's not actually. Shows you don't know everything. Shocking it
    must be, I know....

    Mike
    NZAA
    Mike NZAA, Jan 25, 2007
  16. On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:15:09 +1300, Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ wrote:

    > Yeah, my bad. I tried it from the office (via a proxy server in Singapore)
    > without thinking that some bright spark might have decided to lock some
    > countries out. Wheels are turning at this end to find out (a) why and (b)
    > fix it. Sorry about that folks.

    Typical Micro$oft stuff.

    roll out crap and then fix it after the fact.

    --
    Dianthus Mimulus

    Microsoft's business practises exposed in court:
    http://www.maxframe.com/DR/Info/fullstory/dsprgmnt.html#_Toc447960918
    Dianthus Mimulus, Jan 25, 2007
  17. ZL409

    Biggles Guest

    On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:11:44 +1300, Dianthus Mimulus wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:15:09 +1300, Brett Roberts, Microsoft NZ wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah, my bad. I tried it from the office (via a proxy server in Singapore)
    >> without thinking that some bright spark might have decided to lock some
    >> countries out. Wheels are turning at this end to find out (a) why and (b)
    >> fix it. Sorry about that folks.

    > Typical Micro$oft stuff.
    >
    > roll out crap and then fix it after the fact.

    Just like Edgy cougggggggggggggggggh

    Biggles
    Biggles, Jan 26, 2007
  18. On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:58:58 +1300, Biggles wrote:

    >> Typical Micro$oft stuff.
    >>
    >> roll out crap and then fix it after the fact.

    > Just like Edgy

    I don't use Edgy and so cannot comment on what that program does.

    Dianthus Mimulus, Jan 26, 2007
  19. ZL409

    Biggles Guest

    On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:44:13 +1300, Dianthus Mimulus wrote:

    >> Just like Edgy

    > I don't use Edgy and so cannot comment on what that program does.

    Edgy is not a program ... for a zealot your so up with the play.

    Biggles...
    Biggles, Jan 29, 2007