Vista not waking up after defragmentation overnight

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Rob, Feb 2, 2008.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Have a dual-boot setup (XP 32 bit and Vista 64bit) running for near a year.

    One major problem has arised twice so otherwise I will from now on try to
    avoid sleeping mode (or hybernation ??...).

    In Vista, there is no way apparently I can wake up the system from sleep
    mode : mouse, keys (at least I haven't found which or which esoteric
    combination...)

    Last time I had this problem, I had to physically shut the PC, att he risk
    of doing something bad to my boot sector (if I remember, the next launching
    had been problematic...)

    Is there a setting I can do : either to have a **simple** way to awake it
    (such as moving the mouse, as it is the case on the same machine under XP),
    or at worst, setting so it will never go back to sleep, period ?

    Thanks,
    Rob

    Rob, Feb 2, 2008

  2. Rob

    John Barnes Guest

    Control Panel/System and Maintenance/Power Options and set never to sleep.
    As to waking up, that would most likely be a driver problem. Check you have
    the latest ACPI driver.

    John Barnes, Feb 2, 2008