    consumers, and neither industry nor government really cared much about them,
    ever."

    http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2006/pulpit_20061229_001403.html

    Nik Coughlin, Feb 5, 2007

  2. Nik Coughlin

    Peter Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2006/pulpit_20061229_001403.html

    "Everyone will have to buy a new TV with an HDMI connector as well as all
    new video and stereo components of every type, just so long as they, too,
    use strictly HDMI connections. Problems of deliberate signal degradation
    and driver horrors will make all video cards and most processors obsolete,
    so we'll have to buy all new PCs. Mr. Gutmann characterizes this lack of
    backward compatibility or any shred of technical elegance as suicidal on
    Microsoft's part when, in fact, it is Microsoft's best imitation of
    brilliance."

    Sad but true, it's just another way for those big foreign corporates to
    gouge more cash out of us consumers again. And they get to shut out any
    upstart new innovative competition at the same time.

    Peter

    Peter, Feb 5, 2007

  3. Nik Coughlin

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > "Intel and AMD love it. ATI and nVidia love it. Thomson and Philips and Sony
    > and Matsushita and Samsung and LG love it. Every movie studio, TV network,
    > and record company loves it. The only people who don't love it are
    > consumers, and neither industry nor government really cared much about them,
    > ever."
    >
    > http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2006/pulpit_20061229_001403.html

    One of the better takes on the DRM just buy new shit!!! and just to be
    sure even the finance company's will love it all on tick! but can a
    vista pc be resold as a second hand machine? if it gets repossessed!

    Not that really care much! I can neither afford a new PC or run vista on
    what I have (too old machine and too low spec). I will just continue to
    do my thing and hopefully I will still be able to do stuff on the net,
    write stuff, calculate stuff, store stuff and burn disks!

    One day I might have a new machine. When will XP not be sold or is it
    gone and you have to use server 2003? I still use windows and also Linux
    each has a job and each does its job nicely!

    Robert Cooze, Feb 5, 2007