    place to post or if there was another.

    Thanks in advance

    CB ~

    CB, Apr 13, 2008

  2. CB

    Stubbo of Oz Guest

    On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:36:08 GMT, CB <> wrote:

    >Hello All
    >
    >Is there a newsgroup dedicated to Vista only? I have, what I think
    >are, several Vista problems and wanted to see if this is the best
    >place to post or if there was another.

    microsoft.public.windows.vista
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

    for starters

    --
    ----------------
    Stubbo of Oz

    Stubbo of Oz, Apr 14, 2008

  3. CB

    Travis Guest

    Unfortunately Vista technicians aren't smart enough to know the answer
    to all of Vista's problems - upgrade to XP. Seriously.

    Travis, Apr 15, 2008
  4. CB

    Wilson Guest

    sometime in the recent past Travis posted this:
    > Unfortunately Vista technicians aren't smart enough to know the answer
    > to all of Vista's problems - upgrade to XP. Seriously.
    >
    > On Apr 13, 4:22 pm, Stubbo of Oz <> wrote:
    >> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:36:08 GMT, CB <> wrote:
    >>> Hello All
    >>> Is there a newsgroup dedicated to Vista only? I have, what I think
    >>> are, several Vista problems and wanted to see if this is the best
    >>> place to post or if there was another.

    >> microsoft.public.windows.vista
    >> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    >>
    >> for starters
    >>
    >> --
    >> ----------------
    >> Stubbo of Oz
    >> ----------------

    But what if you bought a Toshiba A215-S7422 and they tell you that some of
    the hardware inside is Vista specific and won't run XP? I know it sounds
    like bs, but...

    --
    Wilson N45 W67

    Wilson, Apr 15, 2008
  5. CB

    Paul Guest

    Wilson wrote:
    > sometime in the recent past Travis posted this:
    >> Unfortunately Vista technicians aren't smart enough to know the answer
    >> to all of Vista's problems - upgrade to XP. Seriously.

    >>> microsoft.public.windows.vista
    >>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    >>>
    >>> for starters
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> ----------------
    >>> Stubbo of Oz
    >>> ----------------

    > But what if you bought a Toshiba A215-S7422 and they tell you that some
    > of the hardware inside is Vista specific and won't run XP? I know it
    > sounds like bs, but...

    My first hit with a search engine.

    http://www.nodans.com/index.cfm/2007/10/29/Toshiba-Satellite-A215S7428-on-Windows-XP

    That posting points to this one, and this person claims to have found
    all necessary drivers. There are also comments at the bottom of the
    page.

    http://www.nodans.com/index.cfm/2007/11/9/XP-Drivers-for-Toshiba-A215--S7428

    I expect it is a lot of work, and isn't something you'll finish in
    10 minutes.

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 15, 2008
  6. CB

    Stubbo of Oz Guest

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:59:59 -0700 (PDT), Travis <>
    wrote:

    >On Apr 13, 4:22 pm, Stubbo of Oz <> wrote:
    >> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:36:08 GMT, CB <> wrote:
    >> >Hello All

    >> >Is there a newsgroup dedicated to Vista only? I have, what I think
    >> >are, several Vista problems and wanted to see if this is the best
    >> >place to post or if there was another.

    >> microsoft.public.windows.vista
    >> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    >>
    >> for starters

    >Unfortunately Vista technicians aren't smart enough to know the answer
    >to all of Vista's problems - upgrade to XP. Seriously.

    There are a hell of a lot more participants in these newsgroups than
    just M$ employees!!

    --
    ----------------
    Stubbo of Oz

    Stubbo of Oz, Apr 16, 2008
  7. CB

    Guest

    On 15 Apr, 17:36, Wilson <> wrote:
    <snip>
    > But what if you bought a Toshiba A215-S7422 and they tell you that some of
    > the hardware inside is Vista specific and won't run XP? I know it sounds
    > like bs, but...
    >
    > --
    > Wilson

    Archive your posts and then you may deserve to not be ignored!
    ..

    , Apr 16, 2008
  8. CB

    Wilson Guest

    sometime in the recent past posted this:
    > On 15 Apr, 17:36, Wilson <> wrote:
    > <snip>
    >> But what if you bought a Toshiba A215-S7422 and they tell you that some of
    >> the hardware inside is Vista specific and won't run XP? I know it sounds
    >> like bs, but...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Wilson

    > Archive your posts and then you may deserve to not be ignored!
    > .

    Obviously you didn't fully ignore me as you looked at my headers - now
    there's a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

    IF you don't know the answer, then just shut the f**k up and go back to
    posting in googlegroups little wanker boy.

    --
    Wilson N45 W67

    Wilson, Apr 16, 2008
  9. CB

    Wilson Guest

    sometime in the recent past Paul posted this:
    > Wilson wrote:
    >> sometime in the recent past Travis posted this:
    >>> Unfortunately Vista technicians aren't smart enough to know the answer
    >>> to all of Vista's problems - upgrade to XP. Seriously.

    >> But what if you bought a Toshiba A215-S7422 and they tell you that
    >> some of the hardware inside is Vista specific and won't run XP? I know
    >> it sounds like bs, but...
    >>

    > My first hit with a search engine.
    >
    > http://www.nodans.com/index.cfm/2007/10/29/Toshiba-Satellite-A215S7428-on-Windows-XP
    >

    > That posting points to this one, and this person claims to have found
    > all necessary drivers. There are also comments at the bottom of the
    > page.
    >
    > http://www.nodans.com/index.cfm/2007/11/9/XP-Drivers-for-Toshiba-A215--S7428
    >

    > I expect it is a lot of work, and isn't something you'll finish in
    > 10 minutes.
    >
    > Paul

    Thanks much for this Paul. Not sure I'm up to all that trouble yet, but at
    least it's comforting to know that I'm not alone in this quest.

    --
    Wilson N45 W67

    Wilson, Apr 16, 2008
  10. CB

    Wilson Guest

    sometime in the recent past Wilson posted this:
    > sometime in the recent past posted this:
    >> On 15 Apr, 17:36, Wilson <> wrote:
    >> <snip>
    >>> But what if you bought a Toshiba A215-S7422 and they tell you that
    >>> some of
    >>> the hardware inside is Vista specific and won't run XP? I know it sounds
    >>> like bs, but...
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Wilson

    >> Archive your posts and then you may deserve to not be ignored!
    >> .

    > Obviously you didn't fully ignore me as you looked at my headers - now
    > there's a lovely way to spend an afternoon.
    >
    > IF you don't know the answer, then just shut the f**k up and go back to
    > posting in googlegroups little wanker boy.

    I apologize to the group for my outburst. Sorry about the archiving thing,
    James, I forgot when I did that (but not how ;-) )

    --
    Wilson N45 W67

    Wilson, Apr 17, 2008