    answered.

    Thanks,

    sa
    smackedass, Mar 2, 2007

  2. smackedass

    Glenn Guest

    DO NOT BUY VISTA YET. Wait at least until Service Pack 1 is out. There
    are just too many problems.

    Glenn, Mar 2, 2007

  3. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    "Glenn" <> wrote in message
    > DO NOT BUY VISTA YET. Wait at least until Service Pack 1 is out. There
    > are just too many problems.

    I know. And I'm certainly not going to buy it to use, myself, yet.
    However, since I am a technician/consultant, I sure don't want to not have a
    Windows Vista box, in my posession, at least as a point of reference. I can
    only imagine how embarassed I'd be if I went out on a call, and had a
    customer with a Vista box asking me to configure or fix it, and have them
    know more about it than do I.

    Anyway, does anyone out there know, if Vista, in its present incarnation,
    offers native DVD burn support?

    Thank you,

    sa
    smackedass, Mar 2, 2007
  4. smackedass

    plazticsoul Guest

    I haven't tried it, but yes, I think it does. And Ultimate Edition can
    backup your entire computer to a set of DVD's if you like.

    Just so you know, you can install vista without a serial number and it will
    work for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days, go to the command prompt (use
    "cmd /w" rather than just "cmd"... you will need it for administrative
    privelages) and type:
    SLMGR -REARM
    You will get another thirty days. You can use this command 3 times I
    believe, before finally you will get locked. It's great for evaluation
    purposes. Just borrow it from someone you know if you just want to get
    familiar with it. Don't stress about dishing money out for Vista just yet.

    plazticsoul, Mar 4, 2007
  5. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    "plazticsoul" <> wrote in message
    >I haven't tried it, but yes, I think it does. And Ultimate Edition can
    >backup your entire computer to a set of DVD's if you like.
    >
    > Just so you know, you can install vista without a serial number and it
    > will work for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days, go to the command prompt
    > (use "cmd /w" rather than just "cmd"... you will need it for
    > administrative privelages) and type:
    > SLMGR -REARM
    > You will get another thirty days. You can use this command 3 times I
    > believe, before finally you will get locked. It's great for evaluation
    > purposes. Just borrow it from someone you know if you just want to get
    > familiar with it. Don't stress about dishing money out for Vista just yet.

    Well, that's some useful information, thank you very much.

    sa
    smackedass, Mar 4, 2007
  6. smackedass

    plazticsoul Guest

    > "plazticsoul" <> wrote in message
    >>I haven't tried it, but yes, I think it does. And Ultimate Edition can
    >>backup your entire computer to a set of DVD's if you like.
    >>
    >> Just so you know, you can install vista without a serial number and it
    >> will work for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days, go to the command
    >> prompt (use "cmd /w" rather than just "cmd"... you will need it for
    >> administrative privelages) and type:
    >> SLMGR -REARM
    >> You will get another thirty days. You can use this command 3 times I
    >> believe, before finally you will get locked. It's great for evaluation
    >> purposes. Just borrow it from someone you know if you just want to get
    >> familiar with it. Don't stress about dishing money out for Vista just
    >> yet.

    > Well, that's some useful information, thank you very much.
    >
    > sa

    Anytime. The "SLMGR -REARM" is some sort of backdoor command Microsoft
    forgot to take out. It was originally there for the purposes of Vista's
    Enterprise Edition trial. Microsoft sadly shrugged that it is not deemed
    "illegal" to use because it's one command, and therefore not "hacking". It
    will get you a fresh new 30 day trial (a maximum of 3 times), as long as you
    don't reach the end of your initial one first. You can right-click Computer
    and select properties. It will tell you how many days you have before Vista
    will stop functioning without a serial number.

    If you want to know about something even better, reply to this
    message. Just take out the "REMOVETHIS" part of my e-mail address
    plazticsoul, Mar 4, 2007