    on every time the computer is booted. I don't seem to see anyway to
    uninstall the narrator or make it not start up anymore. can anyone
    help?

    Drnick, May 23, 2007

  2. Drnick

    Pen Guest

    Drnick wrote:
    > a customer of mine has a vista laptop, as soon as the computer is
    > powered on the narrator stats and proceeds to speak out everything on
    > the screen. I can easily turn this off, but it will keep coming back
    > on every time the computer is booted. I don't seem to see anyway to
    > uninstall the narrator or make it not start up anymore. can anyone
    > help?

    Controlpanel\ease of access center\ narrator is available there.
    More info at \start\help and support\narrator

    Pen, May 23, 2007

  3. Drnick

    mags53uk

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Turn off Narrator - Vista

    Try this: go to Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center -> Explore all Settings -> Use the computer without a display. Uncheck the checkbox by Turn on Narrator and click Save.
    It worked on my Vista machine - I thought I would be stuck with it forever!

    mags53uk, Jun 8, 2007