    is not as fast as K-Meleon on my PC, why would this be?

    Reminds me of google chrome being super fast but eating up memory with
    new tabs

    zvnteq7, May 9, 2009

  2. zvnteq7

    Guest

    zvnteq7 <> wrote:

    >I changed the theme to windows classic on vista and WHOA things moving
    >much faster, makes me remember why I liked Win98 and 2000 except for
    >Vista is a bit more confusing in Control Panel (among other things) :/

    One of the first things you do to an XP to increase speed, is to
    disable themes.

    I installed XP on a 255mhz, it took forever to do anything - Disabling
    Themes made it usable (still very slow).

    You will want to disable themes in the services as well if you haven't
    yet.
    --

    25 logos with hidden messages
    http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/hidden-logos-in-graphic-designing/

    , May 9, 2009

  3. zvnteq7

    chuckcar Guest

    zvnteq7 <> wrote in news:gu33df$etb$:

    > I changed the theme to windows classic on vista and WHOA things moving
    > much faster, makes me remember why I liked Win98 and 2000 except for
    > Vista is a bit more confusing in Control Panel (among other things) :/
    >
    > Speaking of speed, I've noticed that Seamonkey uses less resources yet
    > is not as fast as K-Meleon on my PC, why would this be?

    Classic programming axiom: you can either make a program run faster or use
    less memory. Virtually always true.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 10, 2009
  4. zvnteq7

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 10 May 2009 14:29:53 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Classic programming axiom: you can either make a program run faster or use
    >less memory. Virtually always true.

    Wow.. More pure stupidity.

    Evan Platt, May 10, 2009