    --
    Those willing to sacrifice freedom for safety are deprived both freedom and
    safety...
    Aymincendiary, Sep 6, 2007

  2. Aymincendiary

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Aymincendiary,

    You have actually asked three questions, not two. Let me try to answer them
    all:

    1. There aren't really any books available yet for the Vista exams. The one
    I would recommend you pick up is the Windows Vista Inside Out from Microsoft
    Press. Although it is not specifically tailored to the requisite exams it
    is nevertheless a good book that could help you learn the material required
    to passing.

    2. The Vista equivalent to MCDST is the MCITP: Enterprise Support
    Technician. You would be required to pass both 70-620 and 70-622 to achieve
    this cert. If you hold the MCDST then there is an upgrade exam, 70-621.

    3. The best study material available to pass exam 70-282 is the Collection
    5974 from Microsoft Learning. It is a series of seven e-learning courses
    designed and written specifically to prepare you for the exam 70-282. It
    was written by a handsome and somewhat modest former SBSer who really knows
    his stuff, and was tired of seeing people fall short on this exam because of
    the lack of proper study materials. His ulterior motive was a paycheque ;)

    I hope this helps. Let me know!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    Visit my blog at http://feeds.feedburner.com/MitchGBlog

    ---

    Montreal MCT, Sep 6, 2007

  3. Aymincendiary

    Newt Guest

    "Aymincendiary" wrote:

    > I'm looking for study materials for the Vista equivalent of the XP MCDST,
    > 70-270, as well as study text for the 70-282 exam for SBS 2003 server. A MS
    > Press book is not available for this.
    >
    > Learnkey does not have the Vista courseware out yet, nor does it have
    > anything on SBS server.
    >
    > Let me know what MS e-learning titles I would have to purchase to satisfy
    > these requirements.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Chris
    > --
    > Those willing to sacrifice freedom for safety are deprived both freedom and
    > safety...

    Hi i think you shall look after this book

    MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-623): Supporting and Troubleshooting
    Applications on a Windows Vista® Client for Consumer Support Technicians

    its not out yet so you have the check after it!.... but you can get this one

    "Windows Vista Resource Kit with CDROM" << the name of the book..

    Get the definitive reference for deploying, configuring, and supporting
    Microsoft® Windows Vista™—with expert insights from Microsoft Most Valuable
    Professionals (MVPs) and the Windows Vista Team. This official Microsoft
    RESOURCE KIT provides more than 1,500 pages of in-depth technical guidance on
    automating deployment; implementing security enhancements; administering
    group policy, files and folders, and programs; and troubleshooting for
    Windows Vista. In addition, you get detailed information on Microsoft
    Internet Explorer® 7, Microsoft Windows® Firewall, and Windows Defender. You
    also get more than 150 timesaving scripts to help automate administrative
    tasks, additional job aids, and an eBook of the entire RESOURCE KIT on CD.
    Key Book Benefits:

    * Definitive product information and expert insights straight from the
    Windows Vista team and Microsoft MVPs
    * Provides the information that every Windows administrator needs about
    troubleshooting, security enhancements, group policy, and automating
    administration
    * CD includes additional job aids and a fully searchable version of the
    entire RESOURCE KIT book
    Newt, Sep 7, 2007