Vista LIP (Spanish) - Please, need help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dave, Apr 5, 2008.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I really need some help. I have a computer with Windows Vista Home
    Premium. I really need to get it as much as possible adapted to
    Spanish. I've looked into it myself and found LIP and MUI. MUI is for
    Vista Ultimate, so think that LIP is the one I need. The problem is
    that I can't find any available for Vista at all, only for XP.

    This is the link I found the info at:
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/35a1b021-d96c-49a5-8d8f-5e9d64ab5ecc1033.mspx

    And the link of where I should be able to obtain the LIP I need (but
    none available for Vista):
    http://www.microsoft.com/unlimitedpotential/locallanguageprogram/default.mspx

    First is this what I need or am I totally wrong? If it is, am I
    looking in the right place? Where can I get this LIP for Spanish (If
    it is at all possible)? What are my options otherwise?

    Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Kind Regards,

    Dave, Apr 5, 2008

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On 5 Apr, 13:45, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote:
    > "Dave" <> wrote in message

    > > I really need some help. I have a computer with Windows Vista Home
    > > Premium. I really need to get it as much as possible adapted to
    > > Spanish. I've looked into it myself and found LIP and MUI. MUI is for
    > > Vista Ultimate, so think that LIP is the one I need. The problem is
    > > that I can't find any available for Vista at all, only for XP.

    > > This is the link I found the info at:
    > >http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/35a1b021-d96c-49a...

    > > And the link of where I should be able to obtain the LIP I need (but
    > > none available for Vista):
    > >http://www.microsoft.com/unlimitedpotential/locallanguageprogram/defa...

    > > First is this what I need or am I totally wrong? If it is, am I
    > > looking in the right place? Where can I get this LIP for Spanish (If
    > > it is at all possible)? What are my options otherwise?

    > From what I understand, Vista Ultimate is the only one that's going to allow
    > you to change languages.- Hide quoted text -

    Yes, with Ultimate you're able to choose which language you'd like
    vista to use and are able to download it straight via windows update
    (that's an MUI).

    But looking at the links in my last post it should somehow be possible
    to obtain what's called a LIP that'll do pretty much the same thing.

    Please can anyone advise me on what to do..
    Many thanks again and kind regards,

    Dave, Apr 5, 2008