    the email settings in the control panel and everything is the same,
    and it all looks like what I would expect it to be, why does it work
    on one and not the other?
    alice, Mar 15, 2010

  2. alice

    Mike Hunt Guest

    "alice" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    >I have an XP PC at home, as well as a Vist laptop.
    > I recently installed Outlook 2007 on both, to get my email from my
    > works Exchange server.
    > I set up my PC with the same settings as my PC at work, and after
    > connecting thru the VPN, I get all my email etc just fine.
    > I set Outlook on the Vista laptop with the exact same settings, but
    > after connecting thru the VPN, I do no get my email in Outlook. I do
    > get my calendar items from the account, but no email.
    > Can someone tell me what I can try at this point? I've looked over
    > all
    > the email settings in the control panel and everything is the same,
    > and it all looks like what I would expect it to be, why does it work
    > on one and not the other?

    What did your system administrator say?
    Mike Hunt, Mar 16, 2010

  3. alice

    alice Guest

    Re: Vista laptop can't get mail in Outlook from Exchange Server -help

    On Mar 15, 8:03 am, "§nühw¤£f" <> wrote:
    > alice <> clouded the waters of pure thought with
    > @b36g2000pri.googlegroups.com:
    >

    > > I have an XP PC at home, as well as a Vist laptop.
    > > I recently installed Outlook 2007 on both, to get my email from my
    > > works Exchange server.
    > > I set up my PC with the same settings as my PC at work, and after
    > > connecting thru the VPN, I get all my email etc just fine.
    > > I set Outlook on the Vista laptop with the exact same settings, but
    > > after connecting thru the VPN, I do no get my email in Outlook. I

    > do
    > > get my calendar items from the account, but no email.
    > > Can someone tell me what I can try at this point? I've looked over
    > > all
    > > the email settings in the control panel and everything is the same,
    > > and it all looks like what I would expect it to be, why does it

    > work
    > > on one and not the other?

    > Maybe:
    >
    > http://blogs.technet.com/asiasupp/archive/2007/05/29/outlook-2007-
    > cannot-connect-to-exchange-server-properly-without-default-
    > gateway.aspx

    This link doesn't work for me, get a page cannot be displayed error.

    alice, Mar 17, 2010
  4. alice

    On Mar 16, 2:11 am, "Mike Hunt" <> wrote:
    > "alice" <> schreef in berichtnews:...
    >
    > >I have an XP PC at home, as well as a Vist laptop.
    > > I recently installed Outlook 2007 on both, to get my email from my
    > > works Exchange server.
    > > I set up my PC with the same settings as my PC at work, and after
    > > connecting thru the VPN, I get all my email etc just fine.
    > > I set Outlook on the Vista laptop with the exact same settings, but
    > > after connecting thru the VPN, I do no get my email in Outlook. I do
    > > get my calendar items from the account, but no email.
    > > Can someone tell me what I can try at this point? I've looked over
    > > all
    > > the email settings in the control panel and everything is the same,
    > > and it all looks like what I would expect it to be, why does it work
    > > on one and not the other?

    > What did your system administrator say?

    Haven't had a chance to ask them yet, but it won't be a priority for
    them to troubleshoot my personal laptop.

    What I'm finding strange now is that, when I'm in the mail settings
    and have the TEST ACCOUNT button, it fails, but on the PC where my
    Outlook IS fetching mail, it also fails.
    alice, Mar 17, 2010