Vista is beautiful but It's not functional

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=, Jun 12, 2006.

  1. Hi All,
    First off I know this is a beta....
    I have been using Windows 64 Pro for some time and it is far from perfect ...

    But, I must admit I am very disappointed in Vista....
    I'm having problems with software not working.... Lock Up's ... reboots ...
    IE won't load pages without reboots...
    I get windows from the Beta reporting tool asking me to talk to a live rep
    and then you can't click the link to accept.... my list is large of things
    not working.

    I know all will say you’re not giving me enough info but before you jump me
    "I am Microsoft all the way" Does anyone know if the 32 bit version runs
    better than 64 bit??? I've was there for the 16 to 32 and it went smoothly
    for me.. but the jump to 64 has been nothing but trouble and not supported by
    most other software companies and I'm not seeing the support for Vista 64
    bit either.

    I've been very disappointed in the jump to 64 bit... both in Windows Pro and
    Vista?
    I not sure they can have this ready in 8 months!
    What's up... is 32 bit better?
    Do most 2nd party 32 bit aps run better?
    I'm totally at a lost ... I think Vista is beautiful but It's not functional
    at least in 64 bit.
    Again I'm Microsoft all the way and I want this to be the best OS out
    their... but so far 64 bit Pro and Vista are way off.
    Just trying to help... I would file bugs If Vista would let me and when I do
    the screen comes up with a link to volunteer to talk to someone and it won't
    take me there. I want to help, but Vista won't let me.
    Just very frustrated and about to give up.... Should I try 32 bit Vista????
    Thanks for listening.
    Op
    =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=, Jun 12, 2006

  2. Please take this over to the Vista newsgroups.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 12, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    I bet the Vista 64 bit beta 2 won't be any more functional over there. ;-)

    BTW, did somebody finally post something conspicuously on the MS Vista
    NGs not to post over here? It doesn't look like that happened. The
    confusion stems from the fact that the Vista NGs do not have a 64 bit NG.

    Either MS should either a) add one or b) have a 64 bit category and
    then the sub-choices would be XP 64 bit NG and Vista 64 bit NG or c)
    <shudder, cough, cough> make this NG for all 64 bit Windows OSes.

    jabloomf1230, Jun 12, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:57:09 -0400, jabloomf1230 <>
    wrote:

    >The confusion stems from the fact that the Vista NGs do not have a 64 bit NG.

    There is (should be) no difference between the two, so Vista questions
    still need to go to the Vista newsgroups.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 12, 2006
  5. To the original op.. If I were you I would look in to checking the chipset
    drivers that you have loaded. Make sure that there aren't any updated drivers
    on your motherboard/system manufacturers website. This sounds an awefull lot
    like a memmory controller issue.

    As for the posting of vista comments etc. on this website. go to
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/co...be5e&mid=c95c3152-7730-49af-be67-af63550ee443
    and you can see the current layout of the vista newsgroup support bar.
    Unfortunatly, unless we can get microsoft to change that and create a vista
    specific group, This is the location that these posts are going to end up,
    and no amount of complaining and redirecting is going to stop the influx of
    vista problems and questions. The newsgroups of late have been interesting if
    not comical and gives me a bit of a breather in between writing code. Have to
    hate unrealistic deadlines. In addendum, all I can say is, answer the
    question the best that you can if you so desire to, and be content that even
    tho beta 2 was just released to the masses, the flood SHOULD return to a
    trickle again.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGZlaWZlcg==?=, Jun 13, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

    Rick Guest

    I would think that since all the Vista groups
    have the word "Vista" in their address that
    would tend to indicate they were setup for the
    specific purpose of discussing Vista specific
    problems - both x86 and x64. I realize for
    someone to recognize the word "Vista" one must
    be able to read, too!

    Here is a list of available newsgroups for
    Windows Vista:

    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_account_passwords
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

    Head on over to the following page at
    Microsoft's website on how to configure
    your newsreader to read Microsoft's Public
    Newsgroups:

    Rick, Jun 13, 2006
  7. obviously you didn't follow the link I put in my previous post. THAT, is
    where most of the posts from beta are coming from. At the top of the list in
    bold is "Windows Vista Newsgroups" to include Windows 64-bit Computing. From
    the looks of some of the posts on the newsgroups, the average user may not
    even know what a newsgroup reader IS. When you have Windows Vista Help and
    Support [Beta], With Windows 64-bit Computing under it, could it not be any
    more obvious that this group is to now include vista? With windows XP quickly
    approaching its end term support deadline,.. things are changing.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGZlaWZlcg==?=, Jun 13, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:18:02 -0700, dfeifer
    <> wrote:

    >With Windows 64-bit Computing under it, could it not be any
    >more obvious that this group is to now include vista?

    No, it is not obvious. Matter of fact it is wrong. Vista 32 = Vista 64 =
    Vista and should go into the Vista newsgroups. The people in this
    group/forum who experiment with Vista 64, will be in the Vista newsgroup to
    answer your questions overthere.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 13, 2006
  9. Jud is correct. That there are also Vista users here among the regulars is
    purely coincidental. I for one am participating in the Vista groups as well
    as this one, but Vista for Vista issues and this one for XP Pro x64 issues.
    If MS had created a Vista x64 ng as they should have I still wouldn't take
    XP x64 questions there.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 13, 2006
  10. Well, it says:
    Windows Vista "Help and Support" at the top followed by "Discussion in
    Windows 64-bit Computing"

    =?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=, Jun 14, 2006
  11. Yes it does. See the topic "Help for Vista Users" posted yesterday for an
    explanation of how that happened. It was a mistake. The Vista Help and
    Support team did not realize that this group was not created for Vista
    users.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 14, 2006