VISTA into the PAST???

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?YXBwcmVudGljZSBpZGlvdA==?=, Jul 15, 2007.

  1. SOMEONE HELP! Whether because of a new update or change to a new monitor (LG
    L226WA Analogue) yesterday , my system clock travels back in time at each
    reboot to May 6th, 2006 at 12:06 AM. And, as of this morning, Microsoft
    Outlook has gone my-core-soft and decided to to set me alarms for a buch of
    e-mails; yet, no matter how many times I dismiss them all, they bounce right
    back up again. Luckily, I discovered that all will go away for a longer while
    when I close the file from the bottom bar.

    If any cybernaut knows how to deal with this cybernaughtiness, I'll be much
    obliged.
    =?Utf-8?B?YXBwcmVudGljZSBpZGlvdA==?=, Jul 15, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YXBwcmVudGljZSBpZGlvdA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Time is maintained on your MOBO so as to the time, you have a problem there.
    I would replace the battery, and do a reset on the MOBO then see what
    problems you have left.

    "apprentice idiot" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    John Barnes, Jul 15, 2007

  3. Unless MS gave up on the design, I think there are actually two clocks - the
    hardware clock that runs off the CMOS, and the software clock that is
    maintained by the OS. I have no idea if this is important, but the OS part
    may have been corrupted somehow since that is responsible for updating the
    time-display you see on screen. The design is peculiar, but was incorporated
    because of differences in the way seconds are calculated, I believe - plus
    the two clocks have a different date of origin.

    The software clock is set at boot-time, reading the hardware clock, so
    replacing the battery, I agree, would be a natural starting point.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 15, 2007