    botton right screen.

    this is after the boot up selection of using an old OS or the setup. using
    hte setup would freeze and constantly reboot with the goofy graphics.
    Augie, Jun 9, 2006

  2. Augie

    Graham Guest

    Augie wrote:

    > OK so I did install Vista while i was running XP-64. Everything went great.
    > that is untill it rebooted. for some reason the screen was on half my
    > screen and just a blue wavy install background. only on about 1/4th of my
    > botton right screen.

    Did you install Vista onto a separate partion (i.e. drive letter), or on
    the same partion as XP x64?

    > this is after the boot up selection of using an old OS or the setup.

    Sorry, don't understand this. Do you mean do a repair install or a new
    install?

    Graham.
    Graham, Jun 9, 2006

  3. ATI video? I noticed definite problems with that driver, and the one off the
    ATI site has the same issue.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 9, 2006
  4. Augie

    Augie Guest

    Drive C: - XP-64
    Drive D: -Vista

    Thats how I was going to set it up. I think ill try the vga cable instead of
    DVI. never know. might just be stupid enought of a problem.

    Augie, Jun 9, 2006
  5. Vista beta 1 had problems with DVI versus VGA connectors if dual monitors
    were in use but that has been fixed in beta 2.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 9, 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xhdXN3?=, Jun 9, 2006
  7. Augie

    Augie Guest

    Going to pull the old monto out and see if its the widesceen DVI that is
    giving it problems.

    Augie, Jun 9, 2006