    install of the Vista. If I don't like Vista, I'll just swap out the HD and

    Can anyone offer advise as to how I need to go about doing a Vista clean
    install using ghe upgrade DVD.
    Jer, Nov 28, 2007

  2. Jer

    Fred Guest

    "Jer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have been running WinXP Pro and purchased Vista Home Premium upgrade. I
    >have since discovered that this version of Vista will not upgrade over XP
    >Pro. I have heard that it is possible to do a clean install of Vista from
    >the upgrade DVD. I purchased a new HD and thought I would try a clean
    >install of the Vista. If I don't like Vista, I'll just swap out the HD and
    >
    > Can anyone offer advise as to how I need to go about doing a Vista clean
    > install using ghe upgrade DVD.

    Follow this guide.

    Here's a simplified overview of the steps that are required to clean-install
    the upgrade version of Vista:

    Step 1. Boot the PC from the Vista DVD.

    Step 2. Select "Install Now," but do not enter the Product Key from the
    Vista packaging. Leave the input box blank. Also, turn off the option
    Automatically activate Windows when I'm online. In the next dialog box that
    appears, confirm that you really do want to install Vista without entering a
    Product Key.

    Step 3. Correctly indicate the version of Vista that you're installing: Home
    Basic, Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate.

    Step 4. Select the "Custom (Advanced)" install, not the "Upgrade" install.

    and so on............
    http://windowssecrets.com/comp/070201/
    Fred, Nov 28, 2007

  3. Jer

    Star@*.* Guest

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 03:01:48 -0600, "Jer" <>
    wrote:

    >I have been running WinXP Pro and purchased Vista Home Premium upgrade. I
    >have since discovered that this version of Vista will not upgrade over XP
    >Pro. I have heard that it is possible to do a clean install of Vista from
    >the upgrade DVD. I purchased a new HD and thought I would try a clean
    >install of the Vista. If I don't like Vista, I'll just swap out the HD and
    >
    >Can anyone offer advise as to how I need to go about doing a Vista clean
    >install using ghe upgrade DVD.

    Google for "Vista clean install" without quotes. All is explained.

    Art
    Star@*.*, Nov 28, 2007
  4. Jer

    Plato Guest