    bit cheaper.

    So the question is, will I experience any problems using the Home Premium
    version on my network.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgU3RlZWxl?=, Feb 1, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgU3RlZWxl?=

    Theo Guest

    Vista Home Premium cannot join a network Domain, just as XP
    Home and MCE cannot join a domain (without some tweaking),
    but you can be a member of a Workgroup. Most SOHO networks
    are not set up on a dedicated server and usually are part of
    a Workgroup.

    Theo, Feb 1, 2007

  3. could you tell me what tweaks are these? i've got one MCE that would work
    better if i could join it on my server domain

    =?Utf-8?B?VGlhZ28=?=, Feb 1, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgU3RlZWxl?=

    Theo Guest

    I don't think I kept any of the references. I ran across a
    post a few months ago and when I looked into it I decided it
    was too much of a gamble. You can find links by Googling
    for 'join domain mce' without the quote marks. I don't have
    a MCE boot disc either with the laptop that has MCE. The
    laptop is a company owned laptop.

    Theo, Feb 1, 2007